Automatic Headlight Sensor?

synistershadows

ok so this would be what im asuming is a sensor that turns on your headlights automaticly when it gets darker. where is this sensor and how hard would it be to change it out? my headlights keep comming on during the day.

You can probably take a drill bit and remove some of the plastic around the sensor to allow more light into it. As for the location if I'm not mistaken it should be on the left-ish side of the dash.

well maybe not remove it but just make it work better rather than have my lights turn on druning the day make it work like its supposed to

Hmm, ok well I know for my car there is a heatsink behind the left side of the dash, when you remove it the DRL's don't come on during the day, however they still automatically turn on at night. Not sure what it's like on yours.

Take compressed air and blow the sensor out..it's just full of dust/dirt. Mine is the same way (turns on during the day)..I don't really care though so I haven't tried fixing it to work properly lol..

Perhaps someone can fill in the details, but I know that the 1st gen GP did not offer a light sensor on the American cars. It had to do with the Daytime running light regulations in Canada. Maybe higher end w's, like the Olds and Buicks were offered with the feature on both sides of the border.

Perhaps someone can fill in the details, but I know that the 1st gen GP did not offer a light sensor on the American cars. It had to do with the Daytime running light regulations in Canada. Maybe higher end w's, like the Olds and Buicks were offered with the feature on both sides of the border.

All Canadian Ws have the automatic lights standard. It is seperate of the DRL system. It works just like the Twlight Sentinel on the newer cars (except you can't adjust when it comes on and off like the newer cars)..when it's on the headlights and tail lights both come on and they stay on regardless of the headlight switch position. The DRL system just runs the low beam headlights wheneevr the car is on, however my sensor is dirty as well so most of the time all the lights are on..doesn't matter to me though - it's a proven fact driving with the lights on, even during the day, makes your car easier to see; and with all the crazy idiots out there I need all the attention getters I can get.