97 3100 feels like a 2000+

hell_raiser

wow this thread is pwning lol hey my trans it dieing now though i think the diff is on its way out =( left hand turn and half peddle = no power 1/4 peddle = plenty

check your trans fluid level, you're probably low.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chadz34

• Brian P

• 93CutlassSupreme

• hell_raiser

What... the hell?

Are the only Accords you're racing 1980's 4-cylinders?

:bandwagon:

Even newer 4 cylinder Accords will blow away a 3.1 W above about 10 mph.

Have you ever driven a 3100 powered car? They're not as dog-slow as the 3.1. It'll at least chirp the tires, and I've beaten plenty of Accords with my old green GP.

Most any 2002+ Accord, 4-cylinder or not, will school a 3100 in any sort of race. LQ1's don't even stand a chance against the V6 ones.

Chirp the tires? Hell, I've had mine roasting them yesterday. It was sweet. That'll teach that asshole to tailgate me.

Anyway.

I believe in the factory freak. Does anyone remember the video of me racing Tim in what is now gtipgary's GTP?

I was at his bumper the whole time, and he even got a jump on me. I don't care what anyone said, I have no modifications done to my car, and the GTP was a good runner back then. It's possible that factory freaks make it to some of us. I know I got one.

What... the hell?

Are the only Accords you're racing 1980's 4-cylinders?

:bandwagon:

Even newer 4 cylinder Accords will blow away a 3.1 W above about 10 mph.

Have you ever driven a 3100 powered car? They're not as dog-slow as the 3.1. It'll at least chirp the tires, and I've beaten plenty of Accords with my old green GP.

Yes I have, and they're not as night and day as you'd like me to believe.

You do realize not all 3100's are the same right? What were the specs on a Beretta 3100? Because I know my 3100 can easily take on a 1st gen W.

You do realize not all 3100's are the same right? What were the specs on a Beretta 3100? Because I know my 3100 can easily take on a 1st gen W.

Engine is probably just about the same, however I'm willing to bet the gearing makes the difference.

there was a couple HP difference between the platforms. L bodies, N bodies, A bodies got the "155 HP" version. Some actually got the 150HP or something to that effect. Engines are the same except for some different style exhaust manifolds, and I know the A-bodies ran them with a completely different ECU setup, similar to a 3800 (built in MAF in the TB, lower gearing, etc)

Hey hey hey relax. I know not all 3100 are the same. I have no idea on the specs of a 3100 in a Beretta. I not trying to knock anyones 3100 for crying out loud, just my imput. That Beretta was fast, just not fast enough.

Hey hey hey relax. I know not all 3100 are the same. I have no idea on the specs of a 3100 in a Beretta. I not trying to knock anyones 3100 for crying out loud, just my imput. That Beretta was fast, just not fast enough.

Calm yourself.. I didn't mean any harm by what I said..

One of the primary things the 3100 has going for it is that what it lacks in horsepower, it still makes up for by being torquier than most newer import 4-bangers.

and x2 on the gearing.

For any of you "factory freak" 3100's :bonk: I'll take the challenge of saying Bring It to see how much of a freak they are...

Coming from the kid who side-stepped his 3.1 Lumina.

What you got a new car so now your dick is bigger?! LOL.

Bring It?! :lol:

what's the difference between mid 15's and mid 16's? :lol: I'll tell ya there's stock N body cars w/3100's that would be on your tail, if not right alongside you.

I get more entertainment from seeing people bitch about the drama and how topics go offtrack, yet many times the people bitching are the ones that cause it. :lol:

I get more entertainment from seeing people bitch about the drama and how topics go offtrack, yet many times the people bitching are the ones that cause it. :lol:

X2 the mods shouldn't have to babysit.

I wonder if it is appropriate for mods to contribute to the downfall of threads also.

I wonder if it is appropriate for mods to contribute to the downfall of threads also.

If they make the thread better by doing so then absolutly!.... kinda like this one

If they make the thread better by doing so then absolutly!.... kinda like this one

Okay, I was just wondering about that policy. :thinking: