97 3100 feels like a 2000+

hell_raiser

i was wondering whats the easiest way too tell if ur engine is the original one? my 97 blows by most of the ricers here accords dont stand a chance. did i mention it spins of the line too do. i have one of the rare ones? :mrgreen:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chadz34

• Brian P

• 93CutlassSupreme

• hell_raiser

What... the hell?

Are the only Accords you're racing 1980's 4-cylinders?

:bandwagon:

Even newer 4 cylinder Accords will blow away a 3.1 W above about 10 mph.

i was wondering whats the easiest way too tell if ur engine is the original one? my 97 blows by most of the ricers here accords dont stand a chance. did i mention it spins of the line too do. i have one of the rare ones? :mrgreen:

Is this a serious question? 3100's are solid motors from what I can gather but were never built to be raced. What all mods do you have?

A 3100 can easily destroy a crap ricer. And mine spins off the line every time. Spinning is nothing to be proud of though.

Yeah but like, any car I've driven past 1990 can spin the tires fairly decent....And by crap ricer what do we mean?

well my friend has a 91 accord auto and my car rapes his every time. his is a freshly rebuilt fe22 so im guessing mine is a freak. i just run supreme in it and a wai :mrgreen: lol my car is the fastest 3100 iv ever owned i think its a 200+ engine. how many kms till lower intake gos? im thinking the engine has been swapped 4 a low km one

A 3100 can easily destroy a crap ricer. And mine spins off the line every time. Spinning is nothing to be proud of though.

Yeah but like, any car I've driven past 1990 can spin the tires fairly decent....And by crap ricer what do we mean?

You must drive some fancy cars then. And I'm talking stock hatches and such.

Well, it's not a very good chance it's been swapped it's only a 97' but it's not impossible. How many KM's or Miles are on the car....I bet the lower intake can last past 100,000km or 60,000 miles before inspection. You shoudl just change them now...rather than wait until they go.

Well, it's not a very good chance it's been swapped it's only a 97' but it's not impossible. How many KM's or Miles are on the car....I bet the lower intake can last past 100,000km or 60,000 miles before inspection. You shoudl just change them now...rather than wait until they go.

car has a wopping 186 km now 5 days ago it had 184 lol thats rite i put that many kms on it in a week

You must drive some fancy cars then. And I'm talking stock hatches and such.

Actually a few that suprised me were 01' 2.2 Cavalier 3 speed I got it to chrip :lol: Even my buddy's 4 cylinder old ass Ford Ranger squeels.....1992 Toyota Paseo 1.5 5 speed I got to do a 2nd gear burnout with NO OIL! This is why I say it should be no problem for anyone on this board to squeel the tires....any car can except like a 4cyl Lumina haha.

What... the hell?

Are the only Accords you're racing 1980's 4-cylinders?

:bandwagon:

Even newer 4 cylinder Accords will blow away a 3.1 W above about 10 mph.

Have you ever driven a 3100 powered car? They're not as dog-slow as the 3.1. It'll at least chirp the tires, and I've beaten plenty of Accords with my old green GP.

wow this thread is pwning lol hey my trans it dieing now though i think the diff is on its way out =( left hand turn and half peddle = no power 1/4 peddle = plenty

wow this thread is pwning lol hey my trans it dieing now though i think the diff is on its way out =( left hand turn and half peddle = no power 1/4 peddle = plenty

ALRIGHT! Join the club it's that time of year for these cars haha. Mine wasnt even that bad :lol: