I'm a ricer now :(

digitaloutsider

• 2 months later...

I'm going to do the same thing with my car. What color do you suggest to complement the red exterior? I was thinking purple, but then again I do have the UB3 and DIS, so a green or blue might be a little better.

Didnt old cars have floor lighting that was on..dimly..when the lights were on? Or am I just trippin?

That is correct.

Those green lights look kind of interesting, eerie, actually.

GTO's have them?

If there's ever a color to keep on dimly at night, it would be red. Many semi trucks have this included in the cab. Helps to keep you alert at night. Also can be seen on small airplanes.

that is why I love the Pontiac red guages

GTO's have them?

If there's ever a color to keep on dimly at night, it would be red. Many semi trucks have this included in the cab. Helps to keep you alert at night. Also can be seen on small airplanes.

That's one of my favorite things about my car...the bright ass red interior lights. :lol:

When I'm driving at night in most cars I have to dim the interior lights almost as low as they will go or my eyes start to dry out and bother me. Only car I never dim is the Lumina since the guages are mounted so low, and they aren't aimmed right at me..every other car I have to dim though lol.

• 2 weeks later...

GTO's have them?

That's one of my favorite things about my car...the bright ass red interior lights. :lol:

Actually the reason we have red lights in out truck cabs is not to try and keep us awake. Red lights do not dilate your eyes like white light does. that is also why it is on planes and milatary flashlights etc. If I needed to check the map at night I turn on the red lights.

I am leaving all the stock lighting the same ad add a red LED strip under the footwells. Then put a separate switch elsewhere.