I'm a ricer now :(

digitaloutsider

Bored and lack of money generally doesn't end well, but I replaced a few existing LED's in my car. The Performance Shift light was blue (originally amber), and the footwell lighting consisted of bright white LED's (bad move). I fixed that.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

I guess it isn't TOO ricey since the GTO's come with this green lighting. It was extremely cheap, and it's not like they're on all the time. I like them! What do you guys think?

My Lumina used to have blue LED lights under the dash..actually looked pretty good at night with the blue interior..I ripped them out when I put the car in storage though..

I like the look tohugh..doesn't look to bad at all

GTO's have them?

If there's ever a color to keep on dimly at night, it would be red. Many semi trucks have this included in the cab. Helps to keep you alert at night. Also can be seen on small airplanes.

Where is the switch to turn those on/off?

They come on when you open the door or turn on the interior lights. It had footwell lighting stock, as does most W-bodies.

And thanks for the comments guys! I don't feel so dumb anymore :lol:

And yep Brian, GTO's got green footwell lighting.

I wish I knew how to put red ones in mine. I can't grasp the LED schematics. What was wrong with white?

I just swapped out the white bulbs for red ones the same size. Eventually I will be using cold Cathodes from Oznium for mine. Not as bright as LEDs, but brighter than most neons... and they are dirt cheap.

Jamie

I wish I knew how to put red ones in mine. I can't grasp the LED schematics. What was wrong with white?

I just swapped out the white bulbs for red ones the same size. Eventually I will be using cold Cathodes from Oznium for mine. Not as bright as LEDs, but brighter than most neons... and they are dirt cheap.

Jamie

Swapped them for LED bulbs? Or the regular filiment bulbs? I want LEDs if I'm going to do anything with them, they just light things up so much better.

I want the same exact lighting mod done to my car, except with red - to go with the red gauges. I want some of that film paper they install over stage lights too, for my dome light. Then the whole interior would glow red at night.

I want the same exact lighting mod done to my car, except with red - to go with the red gauges. I want some of that film paper they install over stage lights too, for my dome light. Then the whole interior would glow red at night.

yeah, i got some gel type sleeves for my overhead lights, and colored bulbs for the floors, and my interior lights up a bluish green like the dash. pretty cool stuff IMO, even if it is kinda ricey :lol: