W-Body chick needs help!

Wen313

Yeah, there dad got a nice gift for his bday- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8303427&type=product&id=1172882141819

And they appreciated my discount as well :)

Ironically enough Dad's favorite movie is "Back to the Future" ~ So we got him the trilogy for his Birthday to enjoy on his brand new television ~ Now that he has one that's actually worth watching.. Rob, his wife, My husband and I are gonna upgrade him to free to air satellite this Christmas so he has more than 3 channels to watch and so that he can say goodbye to the rabbit ears and tin foil forever.. HA HA HA!!

Now if we can just get their cheap asses away from the dial up modem that they've been using for the last 15 years, we'll be doing pretty good!

Robert was able to get a pass key problem reading on his diagnostics tool when he plugged it into the dash of my car. I'm not 100% sure what he did exactly ~ as I was unable to read the screen from where I was standing, but he mentioned something about resetting the code back to zero and so far, I haven't had any problems upon start up. He said that if it does it again, to let him know and he would look into it.. :smile:

Ken ~ Sorry I can't give you much more information than that.. Robert didn't elaborate much on what he did. All I heard him say was that I had an old style plug under the dash for the diagnostics and that the 95 was supposed to have the new style.. <?> He cursed and farted a few times (which is why I didn't get close enough to see the readings on the screen) :puke: and then he ripped the beauty cover off of the dash on the drivers side, handed it to me and told me to hold it because he was gonna sell it as spare parts.. LMAO!! Bastard! He tried to put a CD player in there for me too but apparently I have all old style wires and hook ups.. Maybe he can better explain.. :question:

Did I mention that I got to go for a ride in the mighty Bobcat that Rob's going to be putting up for auction on E-bay?! That thing is a bigger piece of shit than I remembered. Had a hell of a time getting it started and once it did finally start, we could barely keep it running. Rob and I took a 1/4 mile ride down the road which was far enough for me and we got her up to a whopping 40 MPH, to which Rob said "We're big pimpin this beeotch now". :lol: I'm not sure which was scarier. The fact that Rob was using the emergency brake to do most of the stopping or the fact that I was getting asphixiated from the 9 year old gasoline/exhaust fumes that came rolling up through the holes in the floor board.. :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hey everyone!! Wendy here!! (Sorry, I don't remember my password for my Wen313 account, so I'm going to use my husbands nick for the time being. He wont mind.) Gosh, where has the time gone?? And did I really have a Lumina?? :think: LOL! I'm happy to report (if I hadn't already) that the pass key issue was resolved thanks to our friend, Chris D.. I'm sad to report that we no longer have the Lumi.. I really wish we would've kept it, but Mr Chazzman talked me into selling it and buying an Intrigue. We purchased it from the hubby's boss, but prior to him owning it, it was my Brother's car.. I understand he's since been banned from the forum.. (Don't worry, this doesn't surprise me, and I wont even bother asking why!) :P I was always the better behaved of the two.. HA!!

Anyway, I love my "new" Intrigue but I hate the stupid little problems that they're known for. Window regulators, blower motors, etc.. It's a 99 GLS model.. She's black with saddle tan leather interior. Such a pretty car, I call her Beauty.. As some of you may already know, my DH (Chazz) jumped on the Intrigue bandwagon too after his beloved 95 Sunfire split in two.. (frame failure at around the 450K mile mark).. His is not a GLS version, so his has (gray) cloth interior and a few less features, it's a year older than mine, but it too is black and side by side, they're hard to tell apart. The biggest downfall with his car is the fact it has a 3800 engine.. Mine has the 3.5.. Lets not mention the fact that his was a ghettofied (filthy and smelly) POS when we brought it home, (somebody didn't take very good care of it) but the price was right and we're slow but sure making progress. We've dubbed his car "The Beast" but it's since come a long way in the few short months we've had it ~ Hubs just swapped out the seats with some nicer and newer ones that my Brother gave him, and he spent a day scrubbing down the carpets. Doesn't look half bad, and the horrible stench that once plagued the car seems to've gone away.. Tuff Stuff upholstery cleaner does wonders and it's CHEAP! :thumbsup: Check your local Dollar General!!

Well, I just wanted to swing by and post an update and to say thanks again, (3 years later) to Chris D for fixing my pass key problem in the ole Lumi.. I miss her terribly but I sold her to some good friends of ours and I know that she's in good hands. Hope all are well!!

Wen313 (the wife)