What are the tricks?

charged 3.1

I guess the first thing to ask would be:

Do you want a race car or a daily driver with balls?

If you want a stripped out race car, let me know about the interior parts...I could use some. Especially the seats. If you want a daily driver, then you kinda have the wrong car to put on a diet, what with all the equipment, i.e., electronics EVERYWHERE. As suggested, seats, spare, rear seats if you never plan on entertaining more than one, switch to a 5 speed tranny.....make sure you keep that valance on though, or your tranny is shit! LOL j/k

I would like a daily driver with balls. I was thinking about the seats and the tranny already. I didn't know if there is any useless stuff in under the dash or not. I'm also thinking about getting a navigation system from pioneer for it so then i won't need the huge center consle. These are all just thoughts for right now, I'm working my way slowly.

Ok, well, you probably already know that if you get rid of the DIC in the center console, you'll need to find a console from a standard SE prix...if you have a tan interior, good luck as tan interiors on SE's were as rare as grey interiors on TGP's.

Personally, if you take away all the things that make the TGP a TGP you're left with a fast SE...and eventually if you plan to sell it, no collector will buy it, as they are two years shy of becoming collector cars.

I bought one without the sunroof and threw in some cloth lumina seats.kept the grey leather seats under the house in plastic bags ready to reaphulster later on. Then I threw on a ceramic coated Jeff M pipe and chip(TG 160) bought a new valence.... and the tranny, let me tell you, wouldnt trade it for NOTHING....

:biggrin: Thank you...I've been too tired to get at the point that there are plenty of options to get power without ditching parts of the car. Jeff M. has/had a chip (if he still makes them), but Kenny (TGPilot) makes another killer chip with 40% over stock gains! Replace your crossover if its stock, get the chip, run a 160 thermostat, and keep the car mint.

If i would take anything out i wouldn't get rid of it or make it where i couldn't put it back. I just want the damn thing to run better than a 15.6 in the 1/4.

That's pretty much a stock time. Here's a tip that's well heeded throughout the Turbo Grand Prix Community: Replace your stock crossover (PM TGPilot) and add a performance chip (PM TGPilot or Jeff M...though Jeff M has been lacking in responding for the longest time...stick with TGPilot)...and no, a "performance" chip from an auto parts store will do nothing for these cars.

EDIT: I just noticed a board member is selling his TopGun 160 chip...this is Jeff M.'s chip...and $150 is a STEAL for that kind of performance!

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,62285.0.html

Ah! Thanks Nick...he never mentioned it when it was brought up.

EDIT: If you're running THAT badly with a Topgun 160, then you have more problems than just weight control my friend.

I never ran it on the track with the chip thankfuly. I just sent a copy of the bin to kenny. I hope he can figure out what it is cause it doesn't run right with my car. I'm very pissed and im going to find the little shit who made the copied chip. Like i told Kenny, people shouldn't take credit for other peoples hard work.

I'll ask again here since you never answered me before...other than saying you were told the chip was "ready for 30lb injectors."

WHY are you running 30lb fuel injectors in your car? What modifications have you done to the car to require injectors of that size?

Also, what's the name of the track you run at and what was done to the car at the time of that 15.6 run? If you're not at a higher elevation, then 15.6 is a bit on the slow side, even if the car was stock.

I have no major mod to the car. I'm still learning about the cars and i didn't know that 30lb injectors where to big for stock. I got a good deal on them so i got'em. I just took them out a few mins ago and put the stock ones back in. Whats funny is the car runs even better than before and it doesn't stall anymore like it did when i was at a stop. I also took the chip out and put one i just burned in it for now. As for the track, i run at Kilkare.www.kilkare.com When i ran it was like 94 degrees out side and 125 degree track temp. The mods i have done are no ERG,no CAT,no TB water lines, no air box just a filter, HKS SSQ BOV, MBC set at 11 psi but i was only hiting 7 psi that day. The cross over pipe was taken off and i had all the welds grinded off and had it tig welded. Oh and the A/C is all taken off.

Save the track runs for fall/winter if your track is still open. 94*F temps really put a damper on performance. I guess since you got a good deal on the 30lb'ers, you could always use them later if you decide to upgrade the turbocharger or do other stuff that would require a lot more fuel. Did you get rid of the bellows on your crossover all together or have some new ones tig welded in?

So what did you replace the bellows with?

Also, 30 lb injectors are WAY more than anyone needs on this car. I'm running a good set, Ford Yellow Top C302 injectors, 22ish lb/m (I can't remember exactly), and that's with a larger turbo, head work, and other mods...30 pounders are just a gas dumpster right now...just my opinion, others feel free to chime in.

BTW, I recommend that since you do not have any need for the larger injectors right now, that you replace them with smaller ones, and Yellow Tops are highly recommended on the TGP's. http://www.fiveomotorsports.com

So what did you replace the bellows with?

Also, 30 lb injectors are WAY more than anyone needs on this car. I'm running a good set, Ford Yellow Top C302 injectors, 22ish lb/m (I can't remember exactly), and that's with a larger turbo, head work, and other mods...30 pounders are just a gas dumpster right now...just my opinion, others feel free to chime in.

BTW, I recommend that since you do not have any need for the larger injectors right now, that you replace them with smaller ones, and Yellow Tops are highly recommended on the TGP's. http://www.fiveomotorsports.com

Exhaust tubing that was the same size.