Carpet

asonofabeach69

I searched around on here a bit and didnt turn up too much; I want to get new carpet for my vert and was wondering if anyone knows of any online stores to purchase from or if even maybe I can get it from JC whitney, let me know.

thanks

to add to that, is vert carpet the same as coupe? i'd assume so, and what about rear buckets, do those affect anything? my assumption is that theyre all the same, but I'm not 100%

Information I see... says that VERTS have a VERT only carpet.

The difference is due to a reinforcement that moves the 'wall' at the heel of the rear passengers feet forward about 1 inch.

However, a normal carpet will probably work anyhow, with a little massaging.

How bad is your carpet? I've had good experience removing, cleaning, and then reinstalling the carpet with new under padding.

*I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM JCWHITNEY'S CARPET* I had a bad experience with a miscut carpet for a 72 lincoln.

I put aftermarket carpet in my car and it turned out rather well. I had to do some cutting and being my first install it didn't go perfect, but it still looks pretty good. The company I found was through ebay and they had over 60 color choices.

I went with silver/gray to match the paint on the car.

Lemme look and see if I can find info on the company I used. If I can I will post it.

-Sean

Last winter I replaced the carpet in one of my 1994 teal verts - it has the charcoal interior. I bought the carpet from a seller on eBay for about $100. It was molded to fit, and had lots of extra material on the sides and ends, so it had to be carefully trimmed.

Carpet was good quality - padding on back was a little thinner than original. Rear seats are easy to take out - fronts not bad - four bolts, and particular bit to get seatbelts out. Center console not too bad either. Can easily be done in a day. These cars have a "hidden VIN plate", very similar to the original on the vertical surface to the left of the driver's seat.

A little tricky getting the front seat bolts back through the holes, and getting the hood release handle and cable set up properly.

Really happy with the results, except i would like to put a little more padding under the carpet on the outer sides of both front footwells.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

do you think it'd be a bad idea just to put the new carpet over the old, kinda using that as extra padding?

If you don't mind the added weight and the possibility of the carpet shifting around on top of the other one.

Plus the possibility of the extra thickness getting in the way of your gas pedal (probably not too big of an issue). If you ever want to shampoo the carpet though, you'd definitely have to take it out again because the bottom carpet would soak everything in and it would take a while to dry if it doesn't start to grow mold.