My Intrigue HUD project !!!

IRONDOG442

Has anyone who has done this added a second gen HUD using a GP cover noticed that your defroster seems totally inadequate above the HUD bulge? Perhaps Grand Prix owners have this same issue, I am seriosuly thinking about turning that vent in my dash that defrosts the side window on the drivers side backwards and covering my winsheild.

Thoughts???

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know ask Rob!!!

Actually... I'll get to the wiring sometime here in the near future. I think I should do that first before I do his buddies fiberglass box in a Jeep Liberty.

so how does the wiring go together? im assuming you just need power, dimmer, and the sensor inputs right? like input the speedo and rpm ect?

You don't need dimmer inputs. All you need from the car itself is power and the turn signals and VSS (which is all that's going to work in a non-GP W-body).

The power connections run to the dimmer/height adjustment switch. It in turn connects to the HUD unit, which accepts the VSS and turn signal connections.

Yeah, knowing the wire colors meaning from the output of the HUD will definately be helpful. I just gotta figure out which one Rob has.

Rob has the service manuals as well for his vehicle, so he can get me vehicle wire diagrams. They should be the same per platform, but I have ran into instances where the same platform vehicle had a bit different wiring.

• 6 years later...