opinions appreciated

GtipGary

Ok... for anyone whos not aware(which is probably everyone) i work at a bodyshop. I was thinking about painting the grand prix. at first i was thinking about doing it that blue/green color that is on the new gps. I was also thinking about painting it silver because ive never seen one like mine silver. Or maybe the color that is on the new nissans the dark blue metallic or maroon metallic... its either that or im gonna do somethin with a pearl in the clear and paint it blue but with a red flop in the clear... Any opinions on what i should do??? (the blue/green would be the easiest because the green in the color matches my car and i wouldnt have to do the jambs etc.)

what color do YOU LIKE? We cant tell you what you like.

IMHO though, a 2 tone with blue and silver would look tits.

yeah i know its my car i should pick the color but thats why i asked for -opinions- not that i want you guys to tell me what to do id just like to know what you guys think. And speaking of the blue with silver... im not one for two tones, but maybe silver with a blue haze at certain angles... gotta love pearlecents

Pearls are always cool looking, but are a bitch to lay down properly, IMO.

As for the Nissan colors, you're thinking of either "Midnight Blue" or "Royal Ruby". The Ruby shade is no longer in production, I believe, but the blue carries on. Here's a pic of my car - is this the same shade you are thinking of?

seal4.jpg

Anyway, here's my opinions:

1. Pearl is cool, but can be very hard to do. you'll have to redo the jambs as well

2. Nissan Blue would look tits, but if you're gonna go away from stock(ish) colors, go for something all original instead

3. With #2 said, I go with a base/clear, with color flakes tossed into the clear. (i.e.-Silver w/blue flakes in clear)

i dont think completely silver would look good. the two tone like 88regal suggested could be sweet depending on how you did it.

IMO darker colors look best on the 1st gen GTP's.

We use standox at the shop i work at which is one of the best paint lines out there... so everything is basecoat/clear. No such thing as single stage ne more... and with standox ive NEVER had a problem with the pearls, where as when we had dupont and ppg i always had trouble getting it to lay down evenly... plus the pearl standox uses is liquid pearl so it mixes really evenly. and our main account is a Nissan dealership so at any given time we have at least ten nissans and a few infinitis. So i know that the maroon color i think the code is A12 or or A15 and the blue which i think is x11 are still being used (so many silver cars all i remember is k11 and k12) but out of curiosity look in your door jamb on the infiniti and see what the code is... but ive got soo many other things to still do to the car before that, that im not too worried about it right now. i wanna find a daily beater before i go crazy with it

If I had to paint a car a color of my choice, it would be a dark cherry red with lots of pearl and metallic in it.

real thing here is whats your budget as paint isnt always the cheapest, depending on what you go with, and also what color you like.

there was a guy on CGP who painted his 95 GTP in Platinum Lexus Silver. Hottest looking B4U 94-96 I've ever seen.... let's see if I can find a pic of it.

Dude i wish i could hook people up ... but my stepdad is soooo anal... i basically have to wait tills hes in a really really good mood or until hes drunk to ask him.

there was a guy on CGP who painted his 95 GTP in Platinum Lexus Silver. Hottest looking B4U 94-96 I've ever seen.... let's see if I can find a pic of it.

Yeah I agree. Havn't seen that car, and I'm not a silver kind of guy, but when it's the RIGHT silver (what ever that is!) it can really be a stand out finish.

I vote silver.

We use standox at the shop i work at which is one of the best paint lines out there... so everything is basecoat/clear. No such thing as single stage ne more... and with standox ive NEVER had a problem with the pearls, where as when we had dupont and ppg i always had trouble getting it to lay down evenly... plus the pearl standox uses is liquid pearl so it mixes really evenly. and our main account is a Nissan dealership so at any given time we have at least ten nissans and a few infinitis. So i know that the maroon color i think the code is A12 or or A15 and the blue which i think is x11 are still being used (so many silver cars all i remember is k11 and k12) but out of curiosity look in your door jamb on the infiniti and see what the code is... but ive got soo many other things to still do to the car before that, that im not too worried about it right now. i wanna find a daily beater before i go crazy with it

I'll get back to you on that. :)

FWIW, here is what they look like in silver, I was thinking about it for a while, but now I want to go to a darker metallic red.

572444_11_full.jpg

I saved this pic from a cardomain ages ago, sorry, can't give credit to the owner, I didn't keep track of that.

I'd be sceptical of anything two tone on a GP... but thats only because I'm used to Q-balls red/black monstrosity. (no offense Jason, I'm sure your car will look great when its done!)

Jamie

FWIW, here is what they look like in silver, I was thinking about it for a while, but now I want to go to a darker metallic red.

572444_11_full.jpg

I saved this pic from a cardomain ages ago, sorry, can't give credit to the owner, I didn't keep track of that.

I'd be sceptical of anything two tone on a GP... but thats only because I'm used to Q-balls red/black monstrosity. (no offense Jason, I'm sure your car will look great when its done!)

Jamie

That's kinda who I was talking about. However this guy's car I was talking about(Gabe I think was his name) his car POPPED a lot more than that car does.

this is what color it is now... pretty cool color......... j/k... i wish but i was thinkin about that one for a while but it doesnt stand out enough for me i wanna do somethin cool... and whatever i do is gonna be soo shiny its like a mirror i mean like show car finish... so i want the color to be cool

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.