3.1 to a 3.4 i want power?

timestalker45

then why did the guy say to use mine i rember some where on this post some said i could use my old intake and run it off the ecm? or will the new sfi work off the ecm too just not the tranny? The idea to keep cost low was to change the engine to a 3400 use my intake and stuff run of ecm and use my 4t60, now im lost again :willynilly: also i was going to ask any way but isnt the bell houseing on the 4t60-e diffrent from the one on the 4t60?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timestalker45

• slick

• 19Cutlass94

• Crazy K

did you not read everything everybody told you? You use the 3400 intakes. The 3400 will bolt up to your tranny and your ecm will run the fucking motor.

The belhousings are the same. That "E" stands for electronically controlled which has absolutly nothing to do with the bellhousing

ok now i get it i just didnt think my ecm could run the sfi do i need to buy a chip? if i got the preformance chip would that work with the 3400?

the bellhousing q was only because i been told the 4t60-e was diffrent in shape

ok, also any idea why my e-brake light is staying on after it does the self test?

i tested the the continuity between the tan with a white stripe whire from the fluid sensor to the e-brake switch, it came out fine, but then i tested continuity between the black wire that goes to the sensor to the tan wire that goes to the sensor and got continuity too plus i had resistance of .330ohms

from my understanding the black and tan wire should not have any concetion but from the sensor if it turned on correct?

has any one done a 3.1mfi to a 3400sfi swap? and if so can i have a link to the directions.

the link i got before is for 3100sfi to 3400sfi

has any one done a 3.1mfi to a 3400sfi swap? and if so can i have a link to the directions.

the link i got before is for 3100sfi to 3400sfi

So.......what's the problem here.....

a 3.1mfi is a diffrent set up than a 3100sfi

Not radically.

Dude, you're not going to find anything that tells you step by step, exactly tailored for your car. The people that created that guide didn't... they knew they were going to be doing something that isn't an exact science, and they were creative enough to find solutions for problems they encountered.

If you're really that ambitious, why don't you follow that guide as close as possible, and when you encounter specific problems, use the search button on this forum, or ask a question, instead of constantly asking the same question over and over, and getting the same answers.

Dude, you're not going to find anything that tells you step by step, exactly tailored for your car.

I just wanted to reiterate this for anyone else who may ask the same question.

I was wondering... How much power can the 4t60-e actually handle? Ive heard that the Lq1 comes stock with about 185hp and that the 4t60e can handle roughly 215hp.

I was wondering... How much power can the 4t60-e actually handle? Ive heard that the Lq1 comes stock with about 185hp and that the 4t60e can handle roughly 215hp.

LQ1= 210-215hp

tranny should be good to under 300hp

Really... wow! i guess i should stop listening to Timmy/Shocktherapy! im refering to the 94 Lq1 tho i know the 96 one has a different intake and obd2 which gives it more hp