3.1 to a 3.4 i want power?

timestalker45

so the advantage with the 4t60-e is only u can set the shift points i mean for preformance wise is it worth the swap from my 4t60 theres no was to set the shift points on the 4t60 or is it more that the 4t60 wont line up with the 3400 correctly?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timestalker45

• slick

• 19Cutlass94

• Crazy K

a beretta tranny will not fit a w-car

Actually it will (the 4T60-E anyway).

I always thought the mounting boss' for the J,L,N body cars were vastly different from the w-body ones?

Hence having to change sidecovers............that's where the trans mount goes.

The bellhousing is the same though.

so what ur saying is it deff a food swap then both the tranny and engine at same time, and will my half shaft line up?

please, do us a favor and re-read your posts at least once before you post them.

so what ur saying is it deff a food swap then both the tranny and engine at same time, and will my half shaft line up?

please, do us a favor and re-read your posts at least once before you post them.

x2

keep it simple and just bolt in the 3400 its less power than the TDC but less weight too! I would just use the stock tranny to keep cost down. you will need the front pass. side block mount from a 3100 equipped w-body because the bolt holes are in different spots, at least just on that spot of the block. use a coolant temp sensor from the 3400 (3-wire ) and wire up the temp guage to it insead of the back head cause the 3400 has no hole for the sensor. you will also need a throttle cable and exhaust manifolds for a 3100 w-body. Most people use the 3.1 injectors and harness when they do the swap untill they go to tune it.

stay away from the '04+ 3400's in the equinox (I beleave it is) they have a plenum that faces the opposite way and a different crank sensor pick up on the crank that will not work with your 3.1 ecm. that is all that is comming to mind right now.

wait i still need the obd2? or will my ecm work

your ecm will run the 3400. but your ecm will not run the 4t60-e.

just replace your 3.1/2.8 with the 3400 bolts up to your trans no problem!

plentume too? sorry also can u tell me what the diffrence in block desing from a 3.1mfi as in the w-body, or the 3.1mfi in the camaro or the 3.1trubo(besides the turbo)

do they differ in any was such as piston size or compression, i keep heiring people say that the camaro 3.1 has bigger pistons but if can please enlightten me thanks

now can a stock 3400 engine handle a turbo or should i have it modded by a machine shop, and in what opinion was the strongest version of the 3.1 i mean not horsepower but like durability, and did the camaro 3.1 differ from a w-body 3.1?

can u give me a complete list of what i need for the 3.4 swap, my mechanic who i trust has never dont this and he is not sure how well it will go so to be on the safe side i just like to know if the tranny will mount perfect meaning no mount changes if my intake manifold will fit the block an one last thing will i have to change my chip on the ecm

did the camaro 3.1 differ from a w-body 3.1?

Dude, Slick answered this question already. You make rambling incomprehensible posts and ask tons of questions, yet you don't read someone's simple answer?

Also, with the 3400... there is tons of information on this forum about that swap. One of the moderators has done the swap, his username is Brian P. Also, the link provided by 19Cutlass94 is probably your best bet if you don't learn to search.

Here's a few tips. If you say English isn't your strong suit, just get used to posting this way.

insteadof typing in stream of consciousness and notusing the spacebarf everytime you start a new word

Try putting a line break between each seperate thought/question. Here's an example:

can u give me a complete list of what i need for the 3.4 swap' date=' my mechanic who i trust has never dont this and he is not sure how well it will go so to be on the safe side i just like to know if the tranny will mount perfect meaning no mount changes if my intake manifold will fit the block an one last thing will i have to change my chip on the ecm[/quote']

can u give me a complete list of what i need for the 3.4 swap,

my mechanic who i trust has never dont this and he is not sure how well it will go

so to be on the safe side i just like to know if the tranny will mount perfect

meaning no mount changes

if my intake manifold will fit the block

an one last thing will i have to change my chip on the ecm

This will make your posts at least readable. I know this seems like we're constantly ragging on you, but I'm trying to offer a suggestion that will make it more likely that you will get answers to the questions you're asking. A lot of members will tune you out if you don't at least learn to make your posts intelligible, and that includes very knoweledgeable members.

no i read over the 3400 swap but they use the 3100sfi to a 3400 sfi

what confuseing me is the that one minute people were saying i couldnt run the

3.4 engine block with my 3.1's mfi system and the ecm now im being told that

my intake manifold will fit the 3.4 block and that it will sit directly with the transmission

that is what has me lost at first i was told it couldnt be done. Is there another swap guide for what i want to try and do?

The motor mount u said i need from a 3100 sfi is there any year pesific and other then staying away for 04's 3400 what was the best year for a 3.4

as well which vehical would fit my car (monit, aztec, grandam) or is the block desing the same in all?

sorry i jsut dont want to start tearing this apart and not havbe my but covered

no i read over the 3400 swap but they use the 3100sfi to a 3400 sfi

what confuseing me is the that one minute people were saying i couldnt run the

3.4 engine block with my 3.1's mfi system and the ecm now im being told that

my intake manifold will fit the 3.4 block and that it will sit directly with the transmission

that is what has me lost at first i was told it couldnt be done. Is there another swap guide for what i want to try and do?

The motor mount u said i need from a 3100 sfi is there any year pesific and other then staying away for 04's 3400 what was the best year for a 3.4

as well which vehical would fit my car (monit, aztec, grandam) or is the block desing the same in all?

sorry i jsut dont want to start tearing this apart and not havbe my but covered

you need the front passenger side block mount. your ecm will work fine. you will most likely need rad hoses from the 3100 w-body as well. The engine just get any 96 and up 3400, the 2000 and up tend to be better. Its best to get one from a grand am or other car cause that will give you the proper throttle cable bracket on the throttle body.

i love u guys and just a quik q what would cause my e-brake light to stay on the cable is not jamed checked the switch on the cable and the brake fluid level sensor but light wont go off. it stayed on after i disconected the battery

and wait so my throttle cable bracket wont work?

the one on the dash wont go off it stays on after doing the self test, yes i have abs, and i have the abs disconected. but the light has never stayed on before, it happened after i disconected the battery

Is it the ABS light or the e-brake light?! "The one on the dash" doesnt exactly help. if its the e-brake light... take the e-brake off. If its the ABS light, check the AUX post as that wire often comes loose, causing this ABS light to stay on. Check all the connections at the wheel bearings also.

and what about your throttle cable bracket?

my abs brake has always been on but now my e-brake light remains on

some one said my throttle botty bracket wont line up on the 3400 engine block

i was just wondering y they said everything else would (intake manifold plentum and so on) so far i understand i need the side mount bracket (passanger), is that all

All the intakes and TB youll need from the 3400. The 3.1 TB and the 3400TB are different in terms of mounting the throttle cables. Thats why you need the 3400.