Gauge Clusters

Addicted To Boost

I'm looking to get my gauge cluster working properly, like all of our Turbo clusters, the tach and speedo needles are off quite a bit. I looked at a sticker on the bottom of my gauge cluster and contacted them- the company said they'd recalibrate it, but it will cost a lot, even though it appears the cluster has been repaired there before. :rolleyes: Does anyone here know how to recalibrate clusters or know of a place that can get the job done fairly cheaply?

Gnat did, and he explained it very well in a thread a long time ago. But since the search feature is so very helpful, I'll see if I can look through my previous posts and find that thread.

+1 for spending 30min finding that.

So, that was a pretty good thread. What would be really neat is we could find out a way to put the right resistor in, instead of guess and check. But, I guess anything is better than having a wrong speedo. Mine reads ~5% fast currently.

Mine is 10mph fast. The HUD is correct though. To bad i cant see it unless i sit all the way up in the seat and crane my neck, its WAY out of alignment. I think my tach is off to, either that of the idle is high, most likely a mix of both.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I soldered a 1M ohm pot across the calibration resistor, dialed it in until the speedo was dead on. Sorry, I didn't take photos or measure the resistance when done. TGP is gone to a new home, so won't be able to do it now.

The place we use in the Detroit area is called Specmo. They do nice work and it tends to hold up. It's the same place all the local GM dealers send their stuff. I can get you the number on monday if you want.

I soldered a 1M ohm pot across the calibration resistor, dialed it in until the speedo was dead on. Sorry, I didn't take photos or measure the resistance when done. TGP is gone to a new home, so won't be able to do it now.

That's what I've thought about doing, pretty straightforward. Is there a similar calibration resistor for the tach? My tach reads fast too. I doubt there is, but just thought I'd ask.

My tach has to be off, because I was having trouble getting her to stay running today (low batter + I think I now have a vac leak), but she would drop RPMs and try to stall at 900-1100, which definitely sounded more like 400-500 (which would make more sense)