1988 Grand Prix SE Panel Removal 2 Door

radiopat

start at the top and remove the window switch first, then just remove the rest of the screws holding it on...also, IIRC, you have to remove the seat belt/mount from either side to fully remove the panel......you do know that you're gonna have to drill out some rivets to get to that door motor don't ya? at least that's the way most, if not all, GP's are.

You need a large gun rivet, those small gun rivet at Home Depot is not big enough. What I did I used a 1" long and 1/4 size bolt and nuts and with 1/4 lock washer. I also use a lock tite compound on the nuts.

When you put the power window motor, you must make sure the gears on the power window motor goes "INSIDE" the teeth of the pivot arm. The pivot arm has teeth (gears) and both ends has a stopper so the power window motor will be confined just between both ends.

Below is the representation of the pivot arm with gears. Note: both ends has the stoppe and in the middle are the teeth/gears. The power window motor must be put inside the teeth/gears past the stopper.

UvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvU