Viper alarm/auto start install thread PICS 56K DEATH

J

This is Chris, I don't feel like signing Jay out:

It's really not hard. There were a total of about 12 wires to hook up. The heavy guage ignition wires are usually the easiest to find(well, until you get to new new vehicles that use a low current setup, then all the wires are the same damn size).

I don't have any pictures of it currently, but it's pretty damn clean. Gonna finish it up later this afternoon. In the amount of time it took Jay to take out the battery and mount the siren, I already had 90% of the wires connected, taped, and zip tied(45minutes- 1 hour). I spent a bit of extra time doing his wiring, as you can see above. I pulled back pretty far on the tape that covered the factory harness, and ran the aftermarket wiring in the OEM location. Connected in, then taped back in the aftermarket wiring to the OEM wiring. Thats why there are two pictures of the trunk pop plug and the headlamp switch.

I'll post finished pictures later. If one of these 1st gen w-body's pulled into my install bay, I could do this in 2 hours, tops. These 1st gens are super easy to do. Hell... most GM's up to about 98-99 when body style changes and wiring changes started happening, are really simple to do.

No problem, just lemme know.

Anyways, it's all done. Kinda a pain to tuck the relays, brain, and remote start relay pack into a dash that has no room underneath. The car was super easy, just as I had thought.

I'll talk Jay into getting pictures later. We are off to eat and get drunk.

you guys install it ontop of that aftermarket keyless system? or did you take that out...since i can see my wiring (green tape) and the ICD box in the pictures.

FWIW, the big yellow and black wires running from the center stack are for the HUD

thanks Rob for getting him the wheel so he could help me out this weekend! The wheel actually looks really good on it.

Tomorrow we have to find out how to smash the radio in with the RCA's in there !?!??! I tried for at least 30 minutes, NO ROOM!

Pat, we took out the old keyless, but not the factory RKE. It starts nice with the auto start and the siren is LOUD!

THis took me enough time to type as i am sort of drunk right now. So i am going to bed NIGHT ALL -JAY-

are your rcas right on the back, or do they come off the deck with a little bit of wire? mine have about 3 inches of wire, and that helps, but my mounting kit also sticks way out, probably made specifically for that reason :lol: I know I had another one at one point that wasnt enough room.

you cant offset the bezel? mine was easy, drilled a couple new bolt holes in the plastic and gained like 1/4 or 1/2 inch. took like 20 minutes. yours may be different though.