Can a GP armrest fit onto a CS console?

Bake82

Looking into maybe getting a set of aq9's from a GP and wondering if the armrest will fit onthe the console of my CS?

If it won't, the GP console will fit in my CS right? If it doesn't have a DIC? I have a sport pod.....

Would a CS AQ9 control pod work a GP AQ9 seat?

don't think so as the GP AQ9's have 1 more control than the CS's......the bottom of leg splits and move independantly of each side...CS leg moves the whole thing not each side

I THINK you will need to scrap the sport pod for the GP DIC console top.. Now, you MIGHT be able to pup the top off the console which houses the DIC and swap it for the non-DIC piece or go to a non-DIC GP w/ floor shift and grap that console, and the AQ9 armrest and merge the 2.. You may want to paint the plastic console parts if the shades dont match your cutty interior..

I tried adding the 95+ cutty console to my 94 w/ sport pod.. Literally a HAIR too tall, so I think the DIC console may be too tall here as well..

That will DEFINITELY fit, becasue the angle the sport pod takes as it goes toward the front wont be an issue because the non DIC console makes a steep drop to floor a few inches after the shifter.. I would slap s boot of some kind on there if I were you though..

EDIT: DOnt forget your PRNDL indicator will light up orange insead of blue.. Perhaps you can modify it to light up blue with some acetate or blue colored film?

That will DEFINITELY fit, becasue the angle the sport pod takes as it goes toward the front wont be an issue because the non DIC console makes a steep drop to floor a few inches after the shifter.. I would slap s boot of some kind on there if I were you though..

EDIT: DOnt forget your PRNDL indicator will light up orange insead of blue.. Perhaps you can modify it to light up blue with some acetate or blue colored film?

Thanks Steve!

Good point about the boot and color, however it won't matter for me.....a 282 is going to be going in the car this month so I won't have to worry about that as I have a boot already aswell and well there won't be a need for PRDNL...

Forgot about the 282 swap :oops: Makes it a HELL of a lot easier to install one then, lmao.. I say get a GP 5 speed shifter, cut it in half, shave half an inch or so and weld back together.. Make it a touch shorter.. :cool:

Forgot about the 282 swap :oops: Makes it a HELL of a lot easier to install one then, lmao.. I say get a GP 5 speed shifter, cut it in half, shave half an inch or so and weld back together.. Make it a touch shorter.. :cool:

LOL....the one I'm getting is already shorter!! Getting it April 20th weekend.....can't wait...

• 1 month later...

Interior2.jpg

DIS and sport pod are what is in front of the shifter. All the buttons on the left and the sport pod is what it is in...