"Low coolant" light

D M N

My car leaked water and the "low coolant" light would go one. I got the A/C replaced because that is what the mechanic told me what was wrong with the car water doesnt leak anymore but that light still goes on

Where was your coolant leaking?

I don't think the coolant has anything to do with the A/C system. Coolant system and A/C system are totally separate system and they don't come in contact with each other.

My car leaked water and the "low coolant" light would go one. I got the A/C replaced because that is what the mechanic told me what was wrong with the car water doesnt leak anymore but that light still goes on

Slade901 is right, the A/C and the Coolant system are NOT interconnected.

Can you describe where the coolant is / was coming from?

If there's no leaks, and the coolant is up to level, you could just have a bad sensor.

The Low Coolant sensor is on the radiator (driver side, if I remember correctly), replace that and see what's up.

Best of luck! And by the way, welcome to the board!

- RedFox340

I just want to make sure that your mechanic did not take advantage of you.

We just want to clarify what you mean a/c and coolant. You might be saying that a/c could be the radiator?

If the radiator leaked out then replacing it should stop the leak. Aside from Redfox340 suggestion of the low coolant sensor, on our 1994 Pontiac Grand Am, the low coolant sensor would be at the coolant reservoir and it could be low and just need to be filled up or the sensor needs to be checked at.

samething here...i had a leak a couple days ago...it was a bad waterpump so i got it fixed today....there is no more leak but the low coolant light still comes on sometimes.. :evil:

I have similar problem on my 88 GP LE. The instrument cluster was made by Denso, I removed the cluster and resoldered most solder join and it did help eliminate some tell tale that turns on by itself.

• 1 month later...