Anyone have a PAC Steering Wheel Interface?

Robby1870

I picked up a PAC SWI-PS to use with my new Pioneer 5800 head unit. This SWI is a wired interface, since my head unit has a spot for it. Anyway, I got the all the wiring done, head unit turns on and plays CDs so I'm happy. I'm trying to program the PAC right now. I selected the version number and it does that fine, but when I go to program the individual buttons, it won't work. The LED on the PAC is supposed to stay on until it "learns" the button I'm pressing, but when I go into program mode, the LED never stays on. It flashes to show me what version number, then goes off. Any thoughts? I'm gonna go actually put the head unit in the dash now, then try playing with this programming thing more.

Let's just say there's a reason my bachelors (and soon to be my master's) is in Mechanical Engineering and not Reading. Pretty much, I read the instructions wrong and one of my connections was not very good.

I did the same thing back when I had the 94 GP. It took me several times to get it right, but once I figured it out, it was cake to do.

Glad you got it working, I'll be re-teaching myself here soon how to program them again whenever I get around to installing my HU in the Bonneville.

• 1 month later...

I'm outside right now on my laptop trying to wire this thing up. I dont even know where to start. I'm following the directions from their site.

http://www.pac-audio.com/swixprogramming/showstepbystep.asp?RadioGroupPioneer=1&InterfaceChecked=3&mmSearch=Pontiac&Submit2=Search+Vehicles&ID=20

I'm on step 2 and I cant even find this. I also have a Pioneer 5800 too.

GM7.jpg