Good with GM Part #'s? Cutlass Convertible Weatherstripping...

geenick

A few months ago I posted about my cutlass weatherstripping. People mentioned that it was impossible to get your hands on it NOS. I've been able to order a "Weatherstrip F/TOP FRT" weatherstrip set from GM. The GM part number is 12521618. It appears that it covers the windshield and the driver/passenger windows. They told me that I could send it back if it's the wrong one.

Does anybody know for sure if it's one piece for the windshield and doors? I'll attach the PDF they gave me...

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

Did you see the second page of the PDF? It does specifically call it "weatherstrip". I've never had one of these tops apart...

It took me the first two phone calls to get the parts guy to realize he was looking at the COUPE weatherstripping, even with the VIN number entered in his computer!

The part # that you have is the big piece of weatherstrip that seals the #1 bow to the windshield header, and also elbows on both left and right sides and seals against the windows until it meets the next weatherstrip seal. This part # is the seal for the 2nd design, and fits later '92 models to '95 models. The 1st design fits early 92 models. The difference in the design is how the corners are shaped.

I had checked a couple weeks ago, and was told that there were no more of the 2nd design available, but I was able to find 10 of the 1st design. Good luck on finding what you need!

Also, here is a link to one of my recent posts regarding this.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,55056.0.html

I was able to order the 12521618 weatherstrip seal. I'll let you know what it looks like when i get it and I'll also take pics if it's worth while.

I live in minneapolis, and metro moulded (based here) has been NO help! They just ask if you're a 64-72 cutlass and laugh when you say no...