tires

I know there have been a million thread about tires lately. I know my performance tires, but i am looking for a set for the cutty.

What do you think of these? Cheap, high mileage, and a decent shoulder on them. Comments please.

Oh and i know i have said in the past CUM-HOES sucks, but like i said they are cheap and this is my dd

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-NEW-P-225-60-16-INCH-KUMHO-SOLUS-KR21-TIRES-225-60R16_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66474QQihZ012QQitemZ220087133538QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Oh and i know i have said in the past CUM-HOES sucks, but like i said they are cheap and this is my dd

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Umm, why not check tire racks reviews? Does the cutty need tires? If so get these or these those

The michelins are more for daily driving all season. The goodyears are more of a touring and handling tire. I don't know what you want to do with the car but yeah.

EDIT: I know you said cheap....do you want all season or are going to change to snow tires?

Tirerack nor discounttire carry those, and i couldnt find a review for them anywhere else.(in fairness i only looked for like 3 minutes) anyway, they are a part of kumho's new line of tires introduced a year ago. 85k tires. sure, they could last that, but i dont think grip is gonna be anything close to worth bragging about. im thinking its a harder compund so i would imagine road noise would be kinda high too.

just my 2 cents.

Tirerack nor discounttire carry those, and i couldnt find a review for them anywhere else.(in fairness i only looked for like 3 minutes) anyway, they are a part of kumho's new line of tires introduced a year ago. 85k tires. sure, they could last that, but i dont think grip is gonna be anything close to worth bragging about. im thinking its a harder compund so i would imagine road noise would be kinda high too.

just my 2 cents.

thanks for the input, never crossed my mind, but makes a lot fo sense.

Tony why do you have to come across as a dickhead online all the time?

What about the Kuhmo Ecsta line, I think that's what it's called...more high performance type of tire....

Are you looking for a nice all season tire, or something more performance orientaed because you are going to switch to a snow tire?

well it looks like he wants an all season since it for his DD.

anyway, tirerack carries the kumho solus kh16, which gets a rating of 8's across the board, EXCEPT in snow and ice traction, which are like 5's. and most reviews didnt mention noisiness either. $74 a tire.

at that low of a price, with a mileage rating so high, thats a hard bargain to beat for an all season.

What about the Kuhmo Ecsta line, I think that's what it's called...more high performance type of tire....

Are you looking for a nice all season tire, or something more performance orientaed because you are going to switch to a snow tire?

Those ecsta's suck in the snow!

BFG Traction T/A...Bad ass tires...very good in the snow and much better than the OEM tires on my mom's GP. Not that the cheap ones that have been on the cutlass since i got it were as bad as you thought

Here's MY answer to al tire queries:

azenis_rt615.jpg

I wonder where MY priorities lie?

Now if you need SNOW tires, go buy some...............for the res of the year, see above :wink:

Here's MY answer to al tire queries:

azenis_rt615.jpg

that looks like a motorcycle tire. :lol:

anyway, here is one of the most praised ultra high performance all seasons. and its only $105 per tire in 225/55/16.

Pirelli PZero Nero (M+S)

nero.jpg

and here's its close runner up in terms of overall performance and good feedback. $94 per tire in 225/55/16 on tirerack.

Avon Tech M550 A/S

avon_tech_m550_as_ci2_l.jpg

Tony why do you have to come across as a dickhead online all the time?

werd!...and, what is your obsession with goodyear tires!?... :lol:

How do I come across as a dickhead...saying that Kumho's are CUM HOES I thought was rather immature and not funny thats why i did the roll eyes thing.

As for my "obsession" with Goodyear is I've good experience with them in the past. It's like recommending a car to someone...are you obsessed with it?!

Umm, why not check tire racks reviews?

thats why i said that. If i wanted to know the opinion of the average Joe i would look at the tire rack reviews, but i want to know personal opinions form the guys who actualyl drive their cars.

Thanks for the info so far guys keep the opinions coming in. Woudl you guys put a 225/60/16 on a cutty? It has 215/60?65?/16's in it now

I like a wider tire, for obvious reasons. Last year my summer tires were a 255 and then when winter hit I threw on my 215's and the ride quality dropped greatly. I plan on buying some new tires for next winter, and I am definitely going with 225's.

BTW, that looks like a good deal for those tires.. I would go for it.

225/55R16 would keep the speedo accurate...it's like 1% difference in circumference...I think stock size is 215/60R16

I have some 225/55R16 for summer to put on this spring..we'll see how they work ahah

Umm, why not check tire racks reviews?

thats why i said that. If i wanted to know the opinion of the average Joe i would look at the tire rack reviews, but i want to know personal opinions form the guys who actualyl drive their cars.

Thanks for the info so far guys keep the opinions coming in. Woudl you guys put a 225/60/16 on a cutty? It has 215/60?65?/16's in it now

Most people that go online to research tires and actually give a shit about their vehicles are the ones that are going to be buying from tirerack. The "average joe" walks into a tire place and gets them puts on he never researches them online I can guarantee that.

Not to mention it also says if the type of driving the reviewer does.

I would stick with stock size, not anything bigger.

Don't bring your attitude into this thread.

The thing is most guys on tire rack don't drive 13 year w-bodies with shit for suspension either.

I'm thinking of 225/55/16's then for the car, anyone have pics of said size on stock ride height cuttys? I'd like to keep the soft ride thats why i'm not "sure" of the 55 series profile, i know it's an aspect ratio so it's not all that different, just curious

Don't bring your attitude into this thread.

The thing is most guys on tire rack don't drive 13 year w-bodies with shit for suspension either.

I'm thinking of 225/55/16's then for the car, anyone have pics of said size on stock ride height cuttys? I'd like to keep the soft ride thats why i'm not "sure" of the 55 series profile, i know it's an aspect ratio so it's not all that different, just curious

W.E Blow me.

I don't have an "attitude" and anyone reading this thread can see that.

I was simply giving you some advice. I would check tirerack out. But I guess everyone on W-body knows everything.

225/55/16 is going to look the same as 215/60/16.. except when comparing width.

I would go with the 55 sidewall just because I like the wider tire, you will too.

Yeah, I got your message in my thread on MIStreet.. I'll hook you up tonight.

FYI, if you wanted a wider tire, just go with 225/60/16. But really that 10mm of tread WILL NOT make a difference whats so ever. Thats only 20mm of tread between the two tires, not even an inch.

If you want the comfort ride on the car with the stock height, Id just go with the 215/60/16. Thats what Ive got on my rims, and when it was a stock height, it rode awesome!