winter storage + battery charger

Psych0matt

So, I bought a 1amp charger at autozone for 20$, like the cheapest one possible. It says its made for boats, motorcycles, tractors, etc with smaller engines/batteries. Im not worried about using it on the car as much as if it's ok to leave it for an extended period of time. I went with a 1amp because I had read that that's a good amount to just keep it charged, but it would take a while to charge it from dead. anyways, is it ok to just leave it on for now until i get her out again? it's probably not good for the alt to jump start it every time...

The one I have from NAPA was like $30 its a trickle charger, but it shuts off after a certain voltage and then kicks back on after it senses voltage drop.

Thats the kind u want.

I'll have to check it tomorrow. I didn't see any that specifically said "trickle" on them, although I am very familiar with that term.

EDIT: Nevermind, it says "trickle charger" on the box.

Your battery must be fairly weak if it continually dies over winter...when we park the Suburban and RX-7 for winter we disconnect the battery(ies) and leave them all winter (October to usually March or April) and connect it again and start it up...

Anyway you'll want a charger like Tony talked about above!!

Hey, and thanks a ton for that PM :)!

well, it mostly died before because i left the door and/or trunk open :redface: that and the battery sat all last winter when the car was down, so im sure its life span is less than it should be anyways already