Rear Defroster not working?

jeremy

yeah i think you guys were right. luckily the tape held up and its dry now. il have to try it out tomorrow and see if it works. the package said anywhere from 50-75 degrees out. i thought it was warm enough inside my car to be ok though since i did it as soon as i got home.

• 2 weeks later...

my rear window completely shattered on friday, so I am having new one put in this afternoon....on the bright side, I guess I won't have to deal with fixing this myself anymore

my rear window completely shattered on friday, so I am having new one put in this afternoon....on the bright side, I guess I won't have to deal with fixing this myself anymore

Broken in to? Or is this one of those freak things that happen, like one of my Dad's co-workers was driving his Taurus wagon to work last winter on the freeway, ond one of the side windows smashed out for no apparently reason lol

freak thing....no one around, just imploded

:eek: Ive never heard of that before. are you sure someone didnt shoot it out with a BB gun?

$250 isnt that bad. least its all back to normal now.

it sounds strange to me too....I thought about the bb gun thing, but I didn't seen anyone or even any houses that were remotely close to be able to get off some kind of shot, but who knows :shrug:

It can happen, like I mentioned in my other post....it doesn't really take too much to break a window IF you get it in the right spot.Who knows..maybe something was stressing it and it finally popped - might be why the defrost line was damaged too but who knows