plywood or particle board

joey b

I just had to fill a hole next to the seal on the left side. It looked like a vent hole that rain water drained in from. used metal filler to seal it off. dont know if that is what you guys are having problems with. just sand it down first, it comes in a tube, it works good. the hole in mine was in the sheetmetal there next to the seal.

I got 2 cars and deleting the antenna off both because I hate radio. I am gonna try taping a dime to the bottom of the hole and try liquid weld on it. just use some emblem tape or gorilla tape to tape the dime under the hole then skim it with metal filler. I think it will hold for a year or two until I repaint it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CSI_MuNkY

• Garrett Powered

• slick

• 19Cutlass94

Yeah... I don't have a hole there either. I'm pretty sure that my leak can be attributed to the rear window, replacing it and the seal won't do any better.

Back in the 90's my dad was working in the GM car plant in Oshawa. When they found out that the cars they make had a design flaw that made the windsheild leak all they did was add a step on the assembly line to add some sealant, why bother fixing something if you can cover it up.

We spent hours apon hours this summer trying to track down the leak in my trunk, thought we had it several times, but, every time we fixed the problem and tested again, more water inside.

I finally gave up and drilled a hole in the bottom of the spare tire well to let water drain.

Jamie