overcurrent

97CuttySupSL

at times my sub says overcurrent and puts it self on protect..is it becasue my subs cant handle the power?

i have 2 12 in kicker comps in a sealed box

1000 watt sony xplod amp monochannel

4 gauge rockford fosgate wiring kit

your subs say overcurrent?? you mean your amp?

im not sure, wait for chris to chime in here. maybe your charging system is putting out too much voltage. i know some sony products dont agree with voltage above a certain number.

have you recently added a volts booster?? read what it says in the red writing here

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=517

your subs say overcurrent?? you mean your amp?

im not sure, wait for chris to chime in here. maybe your charging system is putting out too much voltage. i know some sony products dont agree with voltage above a certain number.

have you recently added a volts booster?? read what it says in the red writing here

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=517

has anyone ever tried putting one of these on a TGP????

wonder if it would just kill a CS130? oh well, I have a CS130D anyway which is probably what its designed for.

OK, The Gain on the amplifier is used to match the Imput of the deck ( a.k.a. Head unit ) When these signals are matched, you get max power from the amp without clipping. THE GAIN IS NOT USED FOR VOLUME. Volume is on the deck in the form of a + button and a - button

One of the great things about this forumis we have experts on each niche of car restoration, modification. I generally stay away from Aleromod.com because mostly its a bunch of punk ass kids spray painting their interior panels and adding K&N filters with custom CAIs. Most of the kids on there don't know their ass hole from a 10mm wrench.

OK, The Gain on the amplifier is used to match the Imput of the deck ( a.k.a. Head unit ) When these signals are matched, you get max power from the amp without clipping. THE GAIN IS NOT USED FOR VOLUME. Volume is on the deck in the form of a + button and a - button

alright man thanks alot man...

im gonna take a look at it tomorrow morning...the sun is alread setting here

thanks mike

???HUH????? what the hell are you guys talking abaut?

the gain IS a volume. thats why people get remote volume controls for their amps. so they can adjust the volume of the amp because they know the reserve power in the battery fluctuates causing the amp to clip at low voltage.

You know what bugs me more than the punk ass kids with CAI's and stuff? Its the little turbo brats with GIANT speakerboxes in their trunk WEIGHing down the car when they could be using 1/4" MDF and a few layers of fiberglass and have it be stronger and sound better than a 2 TON 1" MDF box.>end rant. :smile:

the gain IS a volume. thats why people get remote volume controls for their amps. so they can adjust the volume of the amp because they know the reserve power in the battery fluctuates causing the amp to clip at low voltage.

You know what bugs me more than the punk ass kids with CAI's and stuff? Its the little turbo brats with GIANT speakerboxes in their trunk WEIGHing down the car when they could be using 1/4" MDF and a few layers of fiberglass and have it be stronger and sound better than a 2 TON 1" MDF box.>end rant. :smile:

ive heard about using fiberglass that way...i wanna try it sumtime

According to Wikipedia:

"In electronics, gain is usually taken as the mean ratio of the signal output of a system to the signal input of the system. A gain of five would imply that either the voltage or power is increased by a factor of five. It has wide application in amplifiers."

According to Wikipedia:

"In electronics, gain is usually taken as the mean ratio of the signal output of a system to the signal input of the system. A gain of five would imply that either the voltage or power is increased by a factor of five. It has wide application in amplifiers."

yep, the "voltage" just like it says. the voltage of the battery goes down, so should the voltage of the gain.....or volume....of the amp and/or deck aka HU.

• 4 months later...

sorry to reveive a dead post but...

i think im goiing to answer my own question here but lets say i run my volume level up to 30 on my head unit(which is as high as it can go without me hearing it distorting), would i have to change the gain on the amp at lower levels to get max power or is it designed so that the amp is only working at max power when i'm at 30 on my head unit?

One of the great things about this forum is we have experts on each niche of car restoration, modification. I generally stay away from Aleromod.com because mostly its a bunch of punk ass kids spray painting their interior panels and adding K&N filters with custom CAIs. Most of the kids on there don't know their ass hole from a 10mm wrench.

hey now...

From one Aleromoder to another, thats plain nasty of ya.

or is it designed so that the amp is only working at max power when i'm at 30 on my head unit?

this is the closest to correct.

the way ive always been told to adjust the gain is this: turn the volume up as loud as you will ever listen to it, then turn up the gain til you hear distortion. once you hear distortion, turn it down a notch. then you are good to go.

One of the great things about this forum is we have experts on each niche of car restoration, modification. I generally stay away from Aleromod.com because mostly its a bunch of punk ass kids spray painting their interior panels and adding K&N filters with custom CAIs. Most of the kids on there don't know their ass hole from a 10mm wrench.

hey now...

From one Aleromoder to another, thats plain nasty of ya.

So you disagree???? lets see some pictures of your car and let us be the judge of that statement LOL !!!!

In electronics/cabling lingo, that's a digital multimeter. I guess it means the same thing here.

i have a digital multimeter... what should we try to read? ohms, volts?