Quick fix for my peeling dash

dcjredline

Thanks, this is about the 5th dash I have done this too and I would have liked to do it in a better matching carpet but I was NOT going to spend money that I didnt need to.

That would look so out of place!

Search ebay.

there was a mint condition dash pad on ebay 2 weeks ago...I was gonna pick it up but it was in New York..and shipping was brutal

WEll to me it is going to look WAY better than a BIG FLAP and to my wallet it is going to look way better than buying one on ebay.

This is my 4th car, it has rust on the little dog legs behind the back doors, passenger rocker, and on the hood. I dont think it is some kind of show car and I am really not trying to impress anyone, I could have done it in a better matching carpet but I was not going to wait to order that and do it later into winter. Maybe I will get tired of this if it doesnt match well and buy some vinyl and redo it. Who knows.

i fixed mine a few years back with some epoxy, and used some spare thin boards and a mess of smaller C clamps to hold it all down while it cured. not a perfect fix. but its held up great.

Some dope already gooped the epoxy on there and made a HUGE MESS out of it. It actually doesnt look too bad in the car. I will have to get you guys some pictures so you can see what ya think. I am happy for now at least. Me and being happy NEVER lasts too long soo who knows I may be posting pics soon of my vinyl attempt. I have about 4 yds of it in the basement and I didnt even think about it the first time.

i just use big honkin screws :lol: its funny, cuz I always thought my old dash pad looked really good, and then i took it off to do some work and found out it had like 15 screws in it, and then now that i put the HUD one in, i added that feature to it,a s well