Woodgrain no more.

99RegalGS

So yeah, I always hated the woodgrain in my Regal. Hmm even in my old Regal as well. Today I decided to fix the problem. Boredom helps too. I removed all 5 of the woodgrain trim pieces and spray painted them black. 2-3 coats of paint later... ta da! No more woodgrain.

Before: (best I had)

interior.jpg

After: (again not the greatest picture. it was cold and I hurried)

DSC02199%20(Small).JPG

DSC02193%20(Small).JPG

The rest of the pictures are here.

http://gsregal.jbarbieri.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=236

Woodgrain FTL!!!!

great move! i hate woodgrain in any vehicle ever manufactured. even if i bought a high end vehicle the first thing i'd get rid of or cover up is anything that resembled wood

I like the "black" woodgrain. I think it looks hella good especially in the new Buicks. I agree though I don't care for the regular brown woodgrain, especially in most average cars (if it was a Cadillac or something might be different).

When you have real woodgrain(like my car for example), it's total blasphemy to paint over it.

that's what I was thinking....it looks incredible on the cars that have a higher quality finish to them

Yeah, I wish I had taken a picture of all of the pieces before I painted them. oh well.

A Mercedes-Benz E500 with the sports package in my lab has the dark REAL woodgrain. That looks nice, but all of the other cars in the lab have the regular brown woodgrain. Yuck!

haha nothing is worse then woodgrain in the 90-94 Luminas haha...well at least I have the blue stuff so it doesn't look as bad..

Slick, PM some pics of your interior please!!

• 4 weeks later...

This kinda answer my question if anyone made a replacement piece that wasn't Burlwood (fancy techincal term). I was actually thinking of a CF wrap, or possibly a semi-flat black like shown, leaning more to the cf now though, just to be different.

When you have real woodgrain(like my car for example), it's total blasphemy to paint over it.

that's what I was thinking....it looks incredible on the cars that have a higher quality finish to them

unfortunately we are dealing with woodgrain (on first gens namely) that looks as if it was pulled from a terrible 1970s disco hall.

Did you use satin finish or plain ol flat black, buck a can from walmart stuff?

Looks great either way.. I HATE woodgrain, except the darker color in the newer Cadillac STS' :cool: Just because the shit ain't overdone in those!!

EDIT: Sean, is hould also say because I looked at your album, I think I figured out where the Tweeters are going in the Lumina when I put the 6.5" compnent speakers in the front doors! Woot!

+2 for Sean!

This kinda answer my question if anyone made a replacement piece that wasn't Burlwood (fancy techincal term). I was actually thinking of a CF wrap, or possibly a semi-flat black like shown, leaning more to the cf now though, just to be different.

I think CF wrap would be the only way to go with this. No one that I know makes a direct replacement part for the woodgrain pieces.

Did you use satin finish or plain ol flat black, buck a can from walmart stuff?

Looks great either way.. I HATE woodgrain, except the darker color in the newer Cadillac STS' :cool: Just because the shit ain't overdone in those!!

EDIT: Sean, is hould also say because I looked at your album, I think I figured out where the Tweeters are going in the Lumina when I put the 6.5" compnent speakers in the front doors! Woot!

+2 for Sean!

I used plain ol flat flack. :)

lol, glad I could help with your tweeter placement. :)