car bra residue

Serenity

Hey everyone--

I took the Wolf car bra off my LTZ, and on the hood there was a slight black line/residue from the bra.

Anyone have some tips or products for removing/buffing it out?

Thanks...

thanks for the tips, guys. Hopefully it'll warm up enough to try and clean it off today.

Yeah I know that the opinion on car bras is low, but I've never had problems with it so far... I guess I must have let my guard down though.

bras suck. clean up the mess and never put it back on. i'm sure rubbing alcohol would work too, just make sure you re-wax it

My car will never see a bra... they trap in way too much moisture, I've seen them destroy hoods in no time...

I would try the rubbing alcohol first, then move on to rubbing compounds...

Jamie

my friend bought a camaro one time with a bra on it. didn't look into it very well and when we took the bra off there was like no paint under it, haha. what an idiot. the other down side to them is they are friggin ugly

It appears that just the rubbing alcohol did the trick. Thanks for everyone's help.

I don't know, I'm thinking that I'll leave the bra off... it's strange though, because the car looks rather bare without it.

I wish I could replace the word "car" with "hot girl"...... sadly, none of that happening today haha.

As long as you maintain it properly, it won't damage anything. I wash my car once a week at least and the bra gets removed and washed as well. I have one on my 91 Camaro as well and it gets the same treatment, and 10 years later there's no paint damage whatsoever.

Both cars also get stored in the winter months under a cover or garage with bra removed, so I'm sure that makes a big difference as well.