History of the 1988

Crazy K

• 1 month later...

FOUND ON:http://www.hemmings.com

$ 39,900 1988 Oldsmobile Erie, PA

OLDSMOBILE: 1988 This is one of 50 Indy Pace Car convertible replicas built, modified, and distributed by General Motors. Nearly ALL of the replicas were recalled by GM shortly after distribution and destroyed. This one was recently discovered in a retired Oldsmobile dealers estate. It has less than 800 original miles. Unique features include Head Up Display (HUD), fog lamp enclosed front bumper, and Indy 500 Flag Lot sticker stull in front windshield. See http://WWW.MyPaceCar.net for more details regarding the history of the car and additional photos. $39,900 Contact: Paul @ http://www.MyPaceCar.net, PA

Category:

Date Posted: 03/05/06

This car is now scheduled to go to auction in January of 2007

I contacted an individual in the Cleveland area who is responsible for the continued existence of several of the pace cars. I have photocopies of his documenation, as well as digital photos he took of the car. His car was sold to another collector, as was stated to be "within 6 blocks." sadly, I will not be able to see it.

but the photographs and documentation are valueable and irreplaceble.

more to come in the next 48 hours.

hmmmmmmmm..........................

• 3 weeks later...

I could swear that guy was on here trying to sell that car a while ago. Ironically, that is the very car I was referring to during the Cutty vert vs. TGP debate on the TGP forum. I'm curious to see what that thing will go for. I'm guessing it will get well over the $40k he's asking now at Barrett-Jackson.

Also, I'm pretty sure I have around a couple dozen Cutty Pace Car photos on my computer, if you want them. Though I'm guessing you have most of them already.

I could swear that guy was on here trying to sell that car a while ago. Ironically, that is the very car I was referring to during the Cutty vert vs. TGP debate on the TGP forum. I'm curious to see what that thing will go for. I'm guessing it will get well over the $40k he's asking now at Barrett-Jackson.

Also, I'm pretty sure I have around a couple dozen Cutty Pace Car photos on my computer, if you want them. Though I'm guessing you have most of them already.

In my meeting with the owner, I think he did say he joined the site and expressed his interest in sellng... and got egged off the site. When I last spoke to the owner, although he was interested in selling the car, he had evaluated barrett Jackson and did not believe it would be worth doing. after all, he's have to pay for shipping and everything, making profit minimal. He did say he would be interested in seeing it go to a good home. So I offered him $500 and a LARGE box or pizza rolls. he declined.