Window Switch broken on 2000 Impala, need help

mixe olds

The drivers window switch is broken on my 2000 impala. Is there any quick fix to get the window up till I have a chance to go out and get a new switch. Or is there a wiring diagram out there that might help me. Its going to rain tomarrow and I need to get it down tonight

Thanks

Don’t know how easy it will be for you but it can be done if the problem is the switch.

Are you sure the switch is broken and not the window regulator?

Two door or four door car?

did the switch just fall in? I mean if you're gonna take the door panel off anyway, find the 2 wires going to the motor. Ground one, give 12v to the other. If it starts moving down, switch polarity :lol:

The drivers window switch is broken on my 2000 impala. Is there any quick fix to get the window up till I have a chance to go out and get a new switch. Or is there a wiring diagram out there that might help me. Its going to rain tomarrow and I need to get it down tonight

Thanks

What i did when I was having a problem(window wasn't going down, though nothing was broken), is i took the door panel off, unbolted the motor from the regulator, and pushed the window up manually. Something to try if you need to get it up in a hurry until you figure out the problem.

did the switch just fall in? I mean if you're gonna take the door panel off anyway, find the 2 wires going to the motor. Ground one, give 12v to the other. If it starts moving down, switch polarity :lol:

What do you mean by the switch falling in?

I would take the door panel off and move it manually, and then worry about fixing it when you have time.

Get a door panel remover, it'll make it very easy.

What do you mean by the switch falling in?

I would take the door panel off and move it manually, and then worry about fixing it when you have time.

Get a door panel remover, it'll make it very easy.

I see a lot of 2nd gens where the switch breaks free of the housing and goes down the panel.

k so i do know that that problem is very wery common prob as i work on many at my job. it may g up if you hit the button rapidly or just like some of the newer chevy trucks just pull the bezel off of the door to expose the bac of the switches for the power windows mirrors and locks and the plug with 6 wires on it will probably wiggle then it will work fe. cant say it will work but chevy should post a recall for this