Mirrors swap

GrandAmSE

I beleive GPs only work on GPs. I think the Cutlass might fit but is a slightly different shape IIRC. Dunno about the MC though.

I believe this is true also, I'm planning on swapping my body colored mirrors for black ones though

I thought Cutlasses were the only ones with different mirrors? Lumina/Regal/GPs interchange?

I don't mean 1.5 Luminas or Monte either.. I know they have different mirrors.

I noticed that my 92 mirrors are metal, while newwer 94-96 are plastic. Ofcourse the metal ones are stronger, but also a lot heavier. If your really concerned with the weight go with the newwer 94-96. The plugs are the same too! Another note is, it looks like if you break or crack your actual mirror, the 94-96 have 2 screws on the bottom so you can take the mirror apart. I am going to swap my 92 mirrors for 96's. The only problem I see with the newwer ones is that they crack (plastic)

Believe me, you want the plastic ones.

Yes, the metal ones are much stronger. So strong, that if something hits your mirror or you knock into something, it will bend your DOOR. I bought my 1st car, a '90 CS, with that kind of damage to the pass side door. You'd be much better off with plastic, that will break off long before the door frame gets compromised. Plus they're lighter, and the big plus is the motor can be removed from the housing without the need to remove the glass frame.

I thought Cutlasses were the only ones with different mirrors? Lumina/Regal/GPs interchange?

That's what I thought too.

Yes, the metal ones are much stronger. So strong, that if something hits your mirror or you knock into something, it will bend your DOOR. I bought my 1st car, a '90 CS, with that kind of damage to the pass side door. You'd be much better off with plastic, that will break off long before the door frame gets compromised. Plus they're lighter, and the big plus is the motor can be removed from the housing without the need to remove the glass frame.

All true, but on the CS mirrors, the metal and plastic ones are a different shape. The metal ones are much sleeker shaped and IMO, a lot better looking. Not that they're even that noticeable when painted black, but it's a small detail that caught my eye.

I also wondered once whether Cutlass mirrors could fit a GP if everything including the triangle is swapped out. I like the shape of Cutlass mirrors better than GP mirrors so it was one of those subtle mod possibilities that crossed my mind at one point.

That's what I thought too.

All true, but on the CS mirrors, the metal and plastic ones are a different shape. The metal ones are much sleeker shaped and IMO, a lot better looking. Not that they're even that noticeable when painted black, but it's a small detail that caught my eye.

I also wondered once whether Cutlass mirrors could fit a GP if everything including the triangle is swapped out. I like the shape of Cutlass mirrors better than GP mirrors so it was one of those subtle mod possibilities that crossed my mind at one point.

I don't think it's a direct fit, may have to modify the triangle. But honestly I don't see a visible difference between the metal shape and the plastic shape, but I also haven't compared them directly. Maybe the Luminas will fit the GP/Regal, but I seem to remember Lumina's being a different material, color, and have an odd "molding" around the edge.

I think mine are plastic, thats wierd, was it a special option to get metal mirrors?

The early w-cars got metal. I think it changed to plastic around '92?

I think mine are plastic, thats wierd, was it a special option to get metal mirrors?

Weird, cause my car is a 92 with metal mirrors. I'm thinking only the B4U package got the plastic mirrors. I had the BYP kit and its metal mirrors. And I know you have the B4U kit on yours.

Weird, cause my car is a 92 with metal mirrors. I'm thinking only the B4U package got the plastic mirrors. I had the BYP kit and its metal mirrors. And I know you have the B4U kit on yours.

that seems reasonable, I wonder if the 4-doors got metal or plastic mirrors

Im not sure. I'll have to take a look when I goto the wreckers tomorrow. As long as I dont forget. :lol:

I thought yours was a 96? lol Oh wait. :lol: Oh and I have the B4U and metal mirrors. Couldn't it just be they figured the plastic ones were cheaper to make and the left over metal ones got randomly put on different car?

wow I know the answers to everything!

Yes, metal mirrors are so strong they can damage the door should they recieve an inpact.

all W models originally had metal mirrors, and apparently they changed to plastic sometime during the 1992 model year.

CS mirrors only fit CS models, though I used a spare one for a month on my lumina when someone knocked my mirror off the car.... the bolt pattern is the same but it did not fit right.

Regal, GP and Lumina mirrors will physically interchange to mount flush and proper. I did a power mirror upgrade to my lumina and got a left hand regal mirror and a right hand GP mirror.

So the only question left is power or manual, and whether the manual cables will be long enough to interswap. Regals have longer cables, and Luminas have a short cable, and I do not know about the GP.

an interesting fact is my 95 CS came with manual mirrors.... so those buggers were not fazed away.

an interesting fact is my 95 CS came with manual mirrors.... so those buggers were not fazed away.

pics? That's weird, cause my mom bought a "base model" 95 CS new, and all power accessories were standard. However, the dealer did tell us they still made the "S" model by special order, which may have had less options. I just have never seen one.

pics? That's weird, cause my mom bought a "base model" 95 CS new, and all power accessories were standard. However, the dealer did tell us they still made the "S" model by special order, which may have had less options. I just have never seen one.

sorry. I replaced them with power ones. the doors were prewired so the switch and two mirrors were plug and play. The vehicle started life as a rental car, according to the last carfax I got. the prior one had no such info :( it is a 1995 CS SL sedan, it had the am-fm radio, basic blue cloth, and console shift. WTF?

I've got the spid codes to verify!

sorry. I replaced them with power ones. the doors were prewired so the switch and two mirrors were plug and play. The vehicle started life as a rental car, according to the last carfax I got. the prior one had no such info :( it is a 1995 CS SL sedan, it had the am-fm radio, basic blue cloth, and console shift. WTF?

I've got the spid codes to verify!

Weird...it said SL on it? Did it have a joystick (cable driven) to adjust the drivers side mirror? Also was the steering wheel leather wrapped?

Weird...it said SL on it? Did it have a joystick (cable driven) to adjust the drivers side mirror? Also was the steering wheel leather wrapped?

cable driven left, no cable of the right.

I cannot recall if the wheel was leather wrapped, but I can check when I am in indy next. I dumped it at the j/y when i changed interior colors.

it's a gorgeous tan leather right now! :P