I got a replacement for my TGP Pace Car : )

Larry M

New TGP had 62,020 miles when I drove it away. Looks to have been used only gently, and only in summer, as stated by seller. Engine, transmission and turbo seem perfect. Steering and body are still very tight. Original Gatorbacks have roughly 1/2 of tread left which indicates a generally feathery touch on the accelerator pedal.

I paid only $5,100. He had been asking for $5,800. After driving it for a couple of days, I told the seller that if parts were more readily available, that I believe the car would have brought over $10,000. :biggrin:

I did have Castrol Syntec oil change the day I bought it. Flush and replacement of brake and transmission fluids come next. Then, I intend to drive it to Minnesota to have Jeff M look it over more fully. Might have brakes done here but have not even had them inspected yet.

wow...that TGP in autotrader FINALLY SOLD!!!!! that was first listed back even before I bought my car, like 4 years ago! started out at like $7200 with like 58k miles. congrats man. i always wanted to go drive that car.

ps. are you in IL??? cause i know the car is. and also.....what TGP PACE CAR?!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to have a place to post some digital photos, other than ebay. :biggrin:

Here's one that I took today and it is totally unretouched.

I took the photo in the Billy Caldwell (Chief Sauganash) Preserve.

The photo shows shadows of tall trees and reflections of others, but I think it's a nice photo.

I'm using it for a desktop photo right now. : )

newturbograndprixbaydesye2.jpg

Nice to have a place to post some digital photos, other than ebay. :biggrin:

Here's one that I took today and it is totally unretouched.

I took the photo in the Billy Caldwell (Chief Sauganash) Preserve.

The photo shows shadows of tall trees and reflections of others, but I think it's a nice photo.

I'm using it for a desktop photo right now. : )

Nice. :cool: I need to detail mine and take some new pictures soon...

Thanks, everbody, for your sympathy. I went for the testing for three weeks. The othopaedic surgeon figured out what is wrong, primaril. CRACKED RIBS. Ouch. :eek:

Here's today's photo, shot in Portrait Mode, with a longer zoom lens, which flattens depth of field. Entire car looks to be of one perspective. Focus is flatter and doesn't focus entire car. Short lenses give bulbous feeling of closest part of car, especially when close to the car. Most photos are taken with one of these two types of lenses. I didn't realize that that camera was in Portrait Mode for the past two days. Hmm... : )

newtgp34111006baylc9.jpg

Glad to have run across such a nice forum. Jeff M told me about it. Thanks, Jeff M. and thanks to all of youse guys.

Try taking your digital camera out on location, wherever you go. Cool photos of your area and your vehicle, model, or automotivve fantasy. Wow.