12 volt turbo.

GrandAmSE

Ok I know most suck and not the good way but I saw one that puts out 1200 CFM. Does the TB of a 3.4 suck only like 900 CFM. So would you see any gain? Or is it like the other. I'm not plan on getting one but never saw one that puts out 1200cfm.

only one i've seen that had gains was that guy with 4 leaf blowers or whatever it was hooked up to his engine..

WTF ?? someone slap that guy.

i could just hear this tard though.." I have 4 turbo's, ive got mad hp...."

An electric turbo isn't necessarily a completely useless scam product. The Turbodyne TurboPac actually pushed up to 3.5psi. Google it, it was the only real electric turbocharger ever made, I believe.

Although pointless from a cost/benefit standpoint, I think. Well, I don't really know. I've never seen any for sale anywhere so I don't know how much they used to cost.

Wouldn't an electric turbo technically be a supercharger since it is not run off exhaust gas? How about this to be Rube Goldbergish, why doesn't someone try running a water jacket around their exhaust to generate steam to turn a small electric generator that would power this electic "turbo" :biggrin:

so what is a blower run off electricity, the alternator is run off the belt which makes the juice to run the blower so I think it would be more of a supercharger than a turbo. Just schemantics I guess.

Thought is was funny though that the biggest advantage of a turbocharger is that is uses energy that is otherwise just thrown away out the pipe. This electric blower would be a much worse solution than a real supercharger even, as the energy to drive this has to be converted from mechanical to electric (in the alternator) back to mechanical (in the electric motor) before it can compress air, so you get two conversions of energy that arent there in the supercharger, and everytime you convert energy from one form to another you have loses. If you are going to use gimics to make power why not just use NOx.

It puts out 800CFM when unrestricted, put your hand on it and it will flow 0CFM, no pressure at all, 0PSI. Then put your hand on the outlet of a real turbocharger, it will blow your hand a foot away.

eRAM_SEMA_05_Product_photo.JPG

Look at the prop on the little fan. Spinning or not, it is still an intake restriction. This particular one should come with a sticker "POWER BY THE HOME DEPOT".