Painting my wheels!

97loudcut

How much life do you have left in your tires? If they're getting close, than you could just get new tires, or run them one more summer before painting the rims. Either way, I wouldn't paint the rims with the tires still mounted. Although, I suppose you could get away by just breaking the bead, and leaving the tire loose on the rim, but that makes the whole thing more cumbersome. But, I want to see this happen, because painting them, and the calipers Red makes you car look a whole lot hotter than it already is.

OK, I think it would look totally tits!

I would go slightly darker red on the calipers to match with the taillights. I would also get rid of the one corner light on the bumpers. (paint it or something)

Also, in the pic Schudini gave you I would get a darker gunmetal.

Now, that Chris said he thinks its overdone; yes it is ON THIS BOARD. I don't think on the street you'll see it. Hell how many first gen FWD cuttys are decked out around here?

Third about getting the wheels and tires off: I do this daily at Wal-Mart just take it somewhere and get it done. You could do it at your work can't you? I mean don't do this cheaply, plus I'll call that powdercoater tonight.

Oh, and FWIW I'm thinking of painting my x-lace gunmetal, and I would be using Duplicolor with the clearcoat. I was quite pleased with how well the silver paint held up on my old GP pizza cutters (I didn't do ANY prep on them, just cleaned them). After 2 years including winter, and 2 years of winter duty, most of the paint is still intact.