Painting my wheels!

97loudcut

Okay mainly looking for input from Adam, Kyle, Chris, Tony, Matt (euro), and Matt (psych0) BECAUSE they either have really good appearence taste or have seen my car in person. All other are welcome though, seeing as someone always chimes in with something sweet to say..

ANYWAYS

So if I do not sell my Konigs I am going to repaint them before next summer. I want them darker, maybe like a gunmetal.

ATTN: Schundini need a photochop!

IMGP0024-1.jpg

I was going to use Dupli-Color's "wheel paint" because I have heard some good things about it over at Xceedspeed (and we know those ricers love their paints). I have heard people say to use the clear afterwards and NOT to use the clear. I really don't know which route I am going to take.

I also know I have to sand them. What grit do I use and how much sanding is required?

OH ALSO :willynilly: the rims are mounted on the tires still and it is going to be a hassel to get them un mounted. Do I have to take the rims off the tires or are there ways to get around it?

What color should I go on these wheels? Like I said I was thinking gunmetal, but I need to see a photochop.

INPUT PLEASE.. (if it doesn't relate to the topic then GTFO :cussing:)

I wouldn't if I were you, mostly because they're mint. I would suggest selling them and buying some other ones, or at least grab a spare stocker or something to practice. Just my opinion. as far as the finished product, It could look alright, but i don't think that style would look as good darker.

the only problem i see matt is if you leave the wheels mounted your not going to be able to paint the whole lip of the rim, that said you will prolly never notice that lack of paint unless you change rubber, different types of tires "might" seat differently. but that all depends on how different the color is, my suggestion would be to unmount the wheels. you can do it yourself without fucking up the front of the rim... just let the air out and break the bead on the front and then the back, use a pry bar to get the tire over the back of the rim and get it off all the way around, now would be the time to have the tire sitting on something and the tire will hang down and away from the front of the rim.... sand and paint away.

reverse the procedure to get the tire back on only problem now is haveing enough CFM to refill the tire fast enough to get it to reseat.

long post i know but you get the idea right.

oh and +1 for gunmetal

leave a polished lip??? :willynilly:

get some 22" blinging rims with orange spinners. that would be hawt! oh yeah, raise your car 4" first

naw you could tuck 22's :lol:

i wondering how dark rims would look on an all black car though... might be too much dark.

kinda the reason i am going with a darker rim on my white car, just for contrast