taillight swap?

black_97_ls

it would be different, but i say keep yours. now if you had a lumina and wanted to swap for montes id say go for it. get some pics, if i remember correctly i do like the lumina lights, but not the center section

wow, thats kinda a lot. hit up some junkyards, should be able to get those real cheap

They are usually expensive at junkyards too. My sis busted a tailliight on her 95 Monte about a year ago. I called 4? junkyards within 30min of home and cheapest I found was $40.

:werd: junkyards are almost always expensive on the shit you would figure you could pick up for cheap. thats why i dont bother looking... i see the odd monte carlo hit the yard by work but i dont even check, they are crazy priced there

I honestly wouldn't put Lumina tails on a Monte or vise versa unless you get the appropriate center section. You can swap the Monte tails/trunk panel to a Lumina, but not vise versa (atleast not without welding/paint work involved) The tail lights will swap without a problem, but you run into problems with the center section. Luminas have 2 fewer bolts on the center panel than the Monte does. Which means if you were to do the swap, you'd have two plainly visible holes.

As far as just doing just the tail light swap, nay as well. Lumina tails are a little bit different in shape than the Monte tails, and unless you have the center section they will not line up properly. Word of advice, don't do it. The gap will drive you nuts if you care anything about them. Here is a picture of a Monte panel in comparison with a Lumina panel (Tail lights are harder to see the difference)

normal_100_7022.JPG