question about mandsproduction.com

lolumz34

Guest TurboSedan

i'd like to add that Shane is a good guy and i think he's trustable. i met him personally awhile back when i droped off my TGP crossover pipe. got a helluva ride in his L67 Lumina too 8)

joshua

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lolumz34

• Ouija

• Brian P

• GrandPrix34

Oh...I understand that everyone here seems to like him...

I don't think I have a personal problem with him.

My problem is with his business ethic.

It's nice to see that he was back and posting again yesterday,

And still nothing replied back to me.

Does anyone else wonder what is going on and why he does not acknowledge customer unsatifaction?

Some people on ClubGP were having problems with him that I think got sorted out, but one reason given for the extreme delays in answering email and dealing with customer issues is that he either didn't have a computer at home, or didn't have internet access at home. Of course, why a guy who has his own business can't go out and buy a computer is beyond my comprehension.

Guest Anonymous
Of course, why a guy who has his own business can't go out and buy a computer is beyond my comprehension.

My thoughts exactly.

There are two types of people generally, those that will see an angry group of customers and try their hardest to solve the problem, and those that hide in hopes that everyone relaxes and the problem disappears. So for his sake I hope he pulls thru

So I found his number...

and I called him.

1:45Pm

Not there..left a message...

Clearly stating my issue, and contact #

Who has bets on when he calls me back...or IF

He will call you back. Leave a nice message. :)

I used to do tech support on Dell, Fujitsu, AST, Brother, and Minolta-QMS Print servers for 4 years. It is kinda hard to speak with a customer who is already pissed off. I'll explain to them that venting too much would not do any good as we solves many difficult/complicated problem but not very major/severe problem and our higher ups does not necessarily talk to the customer yet until they have the solution. Even if the solution is almost ready they will gladly talk to the customers if they calm down and usually our higher ups will give them something for free for being understanding (inconvenience).

No service is another thing if you have already paid for the goods and have been patient.

Well..I have been doing irate desk and supervisor call back for a cable company for the past 2½ years.

And I still do it 8 hours a day.

I know all abotu customer service. And I don't see anything here that resembles that

I got it and I'll see what I can find out. He's not out to screw anybody. All of his parts are 100% custom and as such have lead times from the day he gets the order. Sometimes they'll ship the next day, sometimes it may take a week to get the parts he needs and another week for the powdercoater to finish. Add on the fact that now he's not online multiple times every day and it's going to take a bit longer than usual, but you will still get what you ordered.

Tim

did you find out anything tim?.......i have no doubt that he will come thru....but when! i dont need it in 2 months i need it now... :x

So...update...

it's 5:57

so that's 28 hours and some change...

still no call back...

I know when I called, it was his name on the answering machine. So it's not like hes out of the shop for the weekend.

I did find some things out. I bought an intake from him about 3 weeks ago for one of my friends weddings. I got a filter(for my turbo) and the pipe within a week- but it was his last filter and he'd just shipped all of the other stuff he had orders for. I saw him last night in Ft Collins. He'd gotten in new filters(I got one for the gift intake) but was still waiting on silicone couplers. He'd actually ordered couplers about 2-3 weeks ago from a well known place in CO when I was with him getting my turbo stuff and they weren't in as of Saturday. I do know that he's planning on getting a second phone line just for MandS that should be up soon.

Tim

Ok...so that tells me that he is working on filling the new orders that he has gotten...

But what about taking care of the old orders.

So I called him at 4:35

He answered the phone, I asked for shane, he said it was him.

So I asked him if he had gotten any of my e-mails, or thought about returning my call.

His response was that he has been down for 2-3 weeks because he was laid off of his job and did not have internet access.

Instead of arguing about the fact he is still posting, I let him know (not mean or rude, very calm) that I Was not happy with the look of the part, that I would not install it, and that I would like something done about it.

After that the phone went dead. There was nothing at all...I kept saying hello, and the phone went dead... I hope to god he did not hang up on me.

I called back right away and it rang and rang until I got his machine again.

So I left another message with my first and last name and phone number again.

Let's see if he calls back this time.

No internet access, eh? He's still posting here. :?

Isn't Netzero just $10/month? :roll:

What's his excuse for not returning the message you left on his machine?

Then you call back right after you get disconnected, and no answer?

The answering machine picked up, so it's definitely ringing.

Unless someone came in and murdered him at that very second, it sounds like he was ignoring you.

I don't know him personally, so I don't know what his personality is like, but it really sounds like he's gonna keep ignoring you and hope you go away. :shock: Good luck, but it sounds like getting any kind of results is going to be like pulling teeth.

Well..here's another addition to what seems to becoming a journal.

I just came back from the local powder coating and fabrication shop.

Ask him what it would cost to fix the welds and recoat.

First thing the guy said was "Jesus, who did this"

I told him, his answer was "Tell that guy he's a fuc king monkey."

So...end result. It will cost me minimum $80CDN+tax to get it redone.

And that's ONLY if he has something that has to be done the same colour to throw it in with.

Said that the way it was put together, something about over lap, you cannot just grind the welds.

The part would have to be sand blasted, broken apart, rewelded properly, and recoated.

But hey, some good news is, he said that he could almost deffinatly replicate the part a hell of a lot cheaper then what he is selling it for...

So if that isn't enuf to get Shanes ass in Gear, I don't know what is.

wow, it would have cost redZmount much less to exchange your intake with another, than to get all this publicity and lose sales. And to think I was going to buy the filter from him....nevermind

you got an e-mail reply? Cuz I'm still waiting on all the e-mail that I have sent him...

And later this week, I will be registering on all of the GM and w-body board, groups, and site that I can find...

Letting everyone know..

Might seem like a little excess, but you know what...What happen today with the phone call...nuff said. He should have called back by now.

But hey, some good news is, he said that he could almost deffinatly replicate the part a hell of a lot cheaper then what he is selling it for...

Sounds like time for some healthy competition, eh? :wink:

I'd much rather buy one from you, I'm sure the welds would be much better. :)

Sounds like time for some healthy competition, eh? :wink:

I'd much rather buy one from you, I'm sure the welds would be much better. :)

yah me 2, especially considering you are from ontario, like me! I wanted to buy one from shane, but now that I hear this terrible customer service, no thanks, if you can get some info on a WAI or CAI it would be awesome! especially if he can get them cheaper! anyways keep us posted for sure!!