• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lolumz34

• Ouija

• Brian P

• GrandPrix34

i believe it is his. i think he does the building, and the M from MandSproduction.com does the powdercoating. nice intakes though and cheaper than you'll find from RSM or anywhere else you may look.

I'm not impressed at all with my intake.

I got a coldz intake.

Toke over a month to get it, the welds look horrid, and he didn't ship the filter with it.

I expressed my servere disapointment, he shipped me the filter, but still did not do anything about my intake. I mean, I'm not sure if I'm even going to put it in my car.

I plan on turning my car into a show car (seems funny but I am)

And I'm not going to put sub standard parts in my car.

All he would have had to do was grind the welds, but he didn't and he had the terrible welds powder coated.

I have sent him emails about this, and he does not answer them.

I'm not impressed at all with my intake.

I got a coldz intake.

Toke over a month to get it, the welds look horrid, and he didn't ship the filter with it.

I expressed my servere disapointment, he shipped me the filter, but still did not do anything about my intake. I mean, I'm not sure if I'm even going to put it in my car.

I plan on turning my car into a show car (seems funny but I am)

And I'm not going to put sub standard parts in my car.

All he would have had to do was grind the welds, but he didn't and he had the terrible welds powder coated.

I have sent him emails about this, and he does not answer them.

awww....sorry about your luck lolumz34. instead of whining about the apparent display of poor workmanship on your intake, take it into your own hands and still use it! i mean geez...grind and sand the welds down and make them smooth. then repaint it! i really don't see why you're griping over something so minute like that. accessories for the 3.1/3100/and 3.4 are few and far between. plus...his intakes are a lot cheaper than any other you can find. my intake is great, i like it...no problems and many others would say the same. but again, sorry about your luck.

Ya know, chewing him out for expressing his dissatisfaction with the product is bull. The only thing I can say in shane's defense is that I've seen the unfinished welds in his pics and maybe "lolumz34" should have seen that....but...If he's not satisfied with the product he should get a refund. Shane's in a "Business" if there was misrepresentation, he's responsible to the customer.

If "lolumz34" sent decent respectable e-mails expressing his disappointment then Shane should be answering those mails and attempting to resolve the problem. Maybe as simple as agreeing to split the shipping, send it back, finish the welds and repaint.

And sorry to pick on you, "Heza" but you are going to get taken for a ride in the future and you won't be able to just touch it up yourself, then what?

The intake is high temp powdercaoted, not just Wal-mart cheapo paint. It should be redone by The company or refunded.

My cone filter intake is ultra cheap, I have a 3" pvc pipe wrapped by a sheet of copper and tucked into the original rubber ribbed hose. I had gotten a 2.5 " diameter 21" copper pipe but no one to form the curves so...

It's on my site.

000_0123a.jpg

We have to allow dissatifactions to be expressed here so we can all learn what's good and what works. For "SHOW" he needs perfection, he didn't get it, it's that simple

Ya know, chewing him out for expressing his dissatisfaction with the product is bull. The only thing I can say in shane's defense is that I've seen the unfinished welds in his pics and maybe "lolumz34" should have seen that....but...If he's not satisfied with the product he should get a refund. Shane's in a "Business" if there was misrepresentation, he's responsible to the customer.

If "lolumz34" sent decent respectable e-mails expressing his disappointment then Shane should be answering those mails and attempting to resolve the problem. Maybe as simple as agreeing to split the shipping, send it back, finish the welds and repaint.

And sorry to pick on you, "Heza" but you are going to get taken for a ride in the future and you won't be able to just touch it up yourself, then what?

The intake is high temp powdercaoted, not just Wal-mart cheapo paint. It should be redone by The company or refunded.

My cone filter intake is ultra cheap, I have a 3" pvc pipe wrapped by a sheet of copper and tucked into the original rubber ribbed hose. I had gotten a 2.5 " diameter 21" copper pipe but no one to form the curves so...

We have to allow dissatifactions to be expressed here so we can all learn what's good and what works. For "SHOW" he needs perfection, he didn't get it, it's that simple

i'm not disagreeing with you in any sense and i am sorry to lolumz34 for sounding harsh. yes, mandsproduction should have better customer support, but if it's not there...then it's not there. if i pay $100 for something, i'm not just gonna ditch it and say "oh, a loss on my part." i've been 'taken for many rides' with random car purchases and managed to somehow get it to work. i'm trying to encourage the idea of not accepting a loss. granted the pipe may be powercoated and all, but still, take some engine paint and paint it with a little clearcoat. may not be powercoated, but it still will look excellent! how many other companies out there even offer something like the ColdZ intake that pulls in cold air from the fender for the price?? http://www.mantapart.com sure doesn't. their kit costs $225 and i won't trust the company. but so many people have ranted and raved about the RedZ intake, that i overall had condfidence in my purchase.

once again, lolumZ34...i apologize for sounding like a dick. it was uncool. as i said though, don't take it as a total loss and still find a use for it. ...and no, not as a beating club either!

That is what I mean

Why would I have to do anything to the intake

I just paid 161.50US for it.

And I have sent him email asking him what he was willing to do to fix my problem, and no response to my problem. The only problem that he even acknowledged was that he forgot to ship the filter. Which he did ship quickly after that.

Imagine you get your engine rebuilt, and they forgot to put the heads on. So, you can fix it, who cares, you paid for something, and you want that. You ask them to fix it. Well...I have expressed my concerns, and nothing has been done.

The way I see it, he thinks just because I'm on the board, I'm just one of the guys and I will settle, the hell with that. I am a customer.

...now...if someone didn't put the heads back on...that's an instant smackdown on whoever that may be. the ColdZ cost $160??? i'd see if you could trade it out for a RedZ and get a refund. RedZ doesn't have welding to it and still gives a clean presentable appearance. you could swap the cone out for one of those Ractive heat shield cones and have a very nice setup....plus you wouldn't have to relocate your battery then!

Hopefully he'll read these posts, reconsider, and get back to you.

Heza, I see what you mean in general, I've had some poor ebay buys that needed some tweaking and repainting. If it's an "as is" deal then ya get what ya get. And there's always hope for stuff with a bit of labor.

Anyone want a 400f gas tank filled with rust?

I can use if for racing...

but not when I want to show off my car...

That would be like showing off my new paint with one rust spot (I can say that because I have that. But the paint shop is fixing that)

Hopefully he'll read these posts, reconsider, and get back to you.

Heza, I see what you mean in general, I've had some poor ebay buys that needed some tweaking and repainting. If it's an "as is" deal then ya get what ya get. And there's always hope for stuff with a bit of labor.

Anyone want a 400f gas tank filled with rust?

First...it took 50 days (I'm not kidding) to get the Coldz, and another week and a bit to get the filter.

Why would I want to take the time to start messing with that again. To wait another 2 months to get it. But I will if I have to.

Also, I have already moved the battery. That's done, I have my optima deep cycle in the trunk. I bought that battery just for this application. Plus I paid $150CDN for the relocation kit. Do you start to feel my pain. Over all I paid just under $500CDN for this and everything to have this installed. So that I have one more addition to my car. And I don't even want to show it. It's alot of money, but you have to spend it to be original. So why would I want to spend more on this one part.

Well...

Today is 5/31

So far I have sent emails stating problem with that part.

I send the first on 5/7

then 5/15

then 5/24

Now today.

I have not been rude at all, and have requested that something be done about it.

The only responses that I have gotten back were very short about how he would ship the filter that he did not ship the first time.

Is this the way to run a business?

I wont even install this think in my car.

Buyer beware.

yea i would i side with shane except for the fact that he had plenty of time to keep us updated on that nice 3.4 turbo project......other than that, no word

Shane's been online twice since he got layed off two weeks ago from what I know. Once was to check the mands stuff and the other time was to post those pics for me. He probably doesn't even know about your problems or orders. Right now he's in the process of setting up a physical store. If you want, PM me and I'll see if I can get a hold of him for you.

Tim

I got it and I'll see what I can find out. He's not out to screw anybody. All of his parts are 100% custom and as such have lead times from the day he gets the order. Sometimes they'll ship the next day, sometimes it may take a week to get the parts he needs and another week for the powdercoater to finish. Add on the fact that now he's not online multiple times every day and it's going to take a bit longer than usual, but you will still get what you ordered.

Tim