Popping Sound

GrandAmSE

Ok I drove the GTP today evertime I turn I get this popping sound from somewhere on the car. I can really tell where. It's only when I make sharp turns like turning a corner. Any ideas?

Can you tell if it's coming from the front or the rear? Does it happen only when you turn one way, or does it make the noise in both directions?

Chances are I'd say it's coming from up front if it makes the noise when you're turning.

Im going take a bet on the strut tower bearing plate. Mine was all kinds of messed up and made that same noise your taking about and I could feel it on the floor of the car....

could be a large number of things, balljoints, tie rods, tie rod ends, steering rack bolts, or cradle bolts/bushings.

pull the wheels and start insoecting everything.

could be a large number of things, balljoints, tie rods, tie rod ends, steering rack bolts, or cradle bolts/bushings.

That's probably the best advice in this thread.

pull the wheels and start inspecting everything.

thanks tony.

i mean its not a bad idea to change all the wear items, these cars aren't young anymore and with the majourity of them being way up there in the mileage department chances are the suspension items are wore out or darn close to it, it isan't cheep, but redoing my suspension is some of the best money i've spent on my car.

x2

It could be the cradle bolts because you say its coming from underneath the front seats. But it also could be the universal joints because thats usually where the popping is coming from. The last idea is that it could be the transmission mounts. They could need tightning. I doubt its ball joints but you should check them anyway just to be safe. Is there any play in the steering wheel?

Car just had a trans put in by a redneck and I bet he forgot to tight them like he forgot to tight the lugs on the Drivers front. Screwed up a perfectly good fender when that wheel came off. Stupid ****!!

mine started making a funny noise too. When I accelerate I feel I pop/bang underneath my feet. It doesn't make a peep whle drivng down the road. I got underneath and couldn't find anything lose :sad: