New T25 installed

GOT2B GM

whoa that air filter really looks like shit :burnout:

Yeah, I know it does, it just doesn't quite fit :(

I wish I could find an intake that was actually for effective that the cone on the turbo intake.....the last one I tried it was a lot worse, it even melted to cone it was so much worse :rolleyes:

Luckily I don't really care anymore so its okay :lol:

Hey Matt, how can you used to many adapters for the BOV routing anyways? You can get a bung that screws right into the plenum then a T that screws right into that, it tucks back in a lot farther and looks a lot nicer

Because the adapters were free and thats what was available.

In all reality thats better than most and will flow real well but.

on another note ,i'm thinking about getting a few CAI pipes made with API mandrels. they are kind of expensive but 2.5" would be way better than the 2.25" intake I got on it right now. you can still use the ru-1390 on it too. the fittment is perfect for this filter.

my friend colby wants to make a limited production run and make a little $. and he went to school for welding. he made my current CAI set-up out of a TGP upper intake pipe and its just a hair too small in diameter.

sheesh, I should have not said that :rolleyes: :lol:

I was truly in jest, because thats a cool engine bay.

so.... what about the CAI ??????

nobody care about those?

Guest TurboSedan

so.... what about the CAI ??????

nobody care about those?

it's practically already CAI with a K&N cone directly on the compressor inlet, ecspecially when you consider all of the air from the intercooler fan and the incoming air just from driving down the road. the only benefit to a CAI pipe as far as i can tell would be a place to mount a fitting for the crankcase vent while in boost.

if i was going to do an actual CAI on a TGP:

- relocate the battery (not worth the effort IMO)

- route the CAI pipe through the opening the SMIC would give after removing it for a FMIC.

it can go right after the intercooler. thats what I am talking about, the air coming thru the IC is still cold. and the cai is really short and will work with the RU-1390, what most people already have. no need for battery removal.

Guest TurboSedan

it can go right after the intercooler. thats what I am talking about, the air coming thru the IC is still cold. and the cai is really short and will work with the RU-1390, what most people already have. no need for battery removal.

yeah that's probably what i'm going to do. i really want to add a fitting for crankcase vent to that short section of pipe. i can't route the pipe downward like you did since my BOV is right there in the way.

Guest TurboSedan

i may be wrong but i never saw too much gain in a CAI on a turbo car because the air just gets all heated up again as its compressed. hence the intercooler

all depends on the turbo car. the turbo on my GTS is barely even visible underhood because it's way back behind the engine near the firewall. i have a pipe that comes up over the trans with a K&N cone filter mounted on the end of it so it gets cooler incoming air. not really CAI but sort of.

i may be wrong but i never saw too much gain in a CAI on a turbo car because the air just gets all heated up again as its compressed. hence the intercooler

Well, consider it this way I guess..

The cooler the air being sucked into the turbo, the cooler it will be leaving the turbo

the only benefit to a CAI pipe as far as i can tell would be a place to mount a fitting for the crankcase vent while in boost.

Why cant you just use the end of the cone like I have done? The hole was already there when I got the filter?

Where exactly "right after the intercooler" are we talking? Down by the bottom support?

all depends on the turbo car. the turbo on my GTS is barely even visible underhood because it's way back behind the engine near the firewall. i have a pipe that comes up over the trans with a K&N cone filter mounted on the end of it so it gets cooler incoming air. not really CAI but sort of.

Yeah, I'm sure having the filter up there instead of back down by the turbo would be a lot cooler, this is where the turbo on my girlfriend's Bug is, such a PITA to get to.... :rolleyes:

this is the one made out of an upper charge pipe. its 2.25", the new one will be 2.5"

2056262_101_full.jpg

its gonna look way better on my new car. with a 88 GP vent tube off a 2.8 that I found. Im using that instead of the bendy rubber tube that TGPs use. a different BOV mounted the same way and a black catch can.

basically, I just threw this set-up together from what I had knowing it will be improved on.

but you can see the filter neck clamped on the end down in front of the IC. I am also going to weld on 2 threaded studs to the lower IC pipe and attach a custom air deflector shield to guard it and the filter from exhaust and radiater heat sources. :rolleyes: yea, it should look a little better.