New T25 installed

GOT2B GM

Bought it from Dave with a couple broken bolts and get her fixed up. I have a helper spring on the wastegate actuator until I buy a new one. Without the spring the actuator allows the wastegate to creep open at low boost.

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

yeah Jeff detailed the motor when he had it. I'm just maintaining it/detailing it even more. I'm in the process of rerouting the vacuum line to the BOV hence why there isn't a line in that pic.

Yeah, but honestly it works perfectly where it is. I know of a few people on this board who use the same BOV location with no issues (TurboSedan and kuntzie for sure)

Hey cool! Someone else that has actually tried and rerouted vacuum lines! :lol: I don't feel so lonely, you should have rerouted the water lines in front of the plenum too, it cleans it up a lot :)

Guest TurboSedan

sn't the idea to have the BOV as close as possible to the tb though?

it's a huge debate but really it doesn't even matter anyway. i tend to think it should be mounted as close to the compressor outlet as possible (the source of all the air). besides, having a BOV mounted on the upper pipe would be ugly as hell. i mounted mine on the opposite side of the lower IC pipe than Jeff or David because i wanted to hide it as much as possible. BOVs are ugly IMO.

BOV....ugly?

anything has to do with an air compressor on an internal cumbustion engine is a thing of beauty.

hope the heat from the exhaust doesnt effect the pressure setting though.

Guest TurboSedan

hope the heat from the exhaust doesnt effect the pressure setting though.

were you referring to David's and Jeff's BOV placement? mine is actually further away from the exhaust manifold since it's on the opposite side of the pipe (another reason i mounted it on that side).

Guest TurboSedan

whatchyou talkin about willis? i <3 my BOV on my upper pipe. tucked it perfectly under the fuel lines...sorry no close-up

DSC00206.jpg

ok ya got me....that does look pretty good :thumb:

here is mine:

this was the ATP RS modular BOV i borrowed from my brother's Shelby for awhile:

http://www.turbosedan.com/cutlass/engine/BOV5.jpg

here's my TurboXS RFL i have now:

http://www.turbosedan.com/cutlass/engine/DSC02354.JPG

EDIT: btw i see that Buick F-bar clears the clutch fluid reservoir no problem. cool beans.

yeah i don't think there's any way that the rfl would fit in the place i have my greddyRS. its quite tight and i had to cut the mounting flange a couple times to get it right

Guest TurboSedan

i have (or rather, had) a TiAL BOV on my GTS for a little while there. it was alot smaller and didn't have an airhorn. i didn't like it at all though so i sold it to my brother who is now using it on his Spirit R/T (i went back to the 'ol 1g DSM BOV on the GTS for now). i think the spring that was in the TiAL BOV was way too stiff for the low vacuum my GTS engine pulls. it would hardly ever open and if it did you could barely even hear it. almost every shift was obvious compressor surge noise.

sorry i guess i went a little off topic threre :redface:

tgp-011.jpg

I'm kinda partial to having it on the upper IC pipe myself...

Hey Matt, how can you used to many adapters for the BOV routing anyways? You can get a bung that screws right into the plenum then a T that screws right into that, it tucks back in a lot farther and looks a lot nicer