Window Regulator Plastic Tabs Epoxy

IRONDOG442

Well I did the impossible today I repaired a broken power window regulator rather than replacing it. What a PITA!!! I should mention that without my father’s help this would have been impossible, I break EVERYTHING, and those plastic pieces require delicate removal which I am clearly not capable of.

Question #1 what type of epoxy should I use to re-glue the plastic tabs that hold the glass window to the regulator itself? I had to hot knife off the plastic tabs from a spare back window, because the front windows tabs were both busted off. I fixed that, and I also repaired a regulator clamp itself that hooks to that cable with the hex shaped connector (looks like a fishing lead weight) that hooks to the cable. The black shit GM used was hard as fuckin steel, what is that stuff and where do I get it?

Are they the little plastic tabs that slide in the metal runner? If so, and if they are universal, my dad makes them out of a more solid plastic than the flimsy stuff GM uses.

Post up a pic or two, maybe I'll have him run you off a few for a buck or two.

Well I did the impossible today I repaired a broken power window regulator rather than replacing it. What a PITA!!! I should mention that without my father’s help this would have been impossible, I break EVERYTHING, and those plastic pieces require delicate removal which I am clearly not capable of.

Question #1 what type of epoxy should I use to re-glue the plastic tabs that hold the glass window to the regulator itself? I had to hot knife off the plastic tabs from a spare back window, because the front windows tabs were both busted off. I fixed that, and I also repaired a regulator clamp itself that hooks to that cable with the hex shaped connector (looks like a fishing lead weight) that hooks to the cable. The black shit GM used was hard as fuckin steel, what is that stuff and where do I get it?

I'm assuming your talking about 1 of your 4 Intrigues :lol:. Intrigue window regulator quality FTL :gr_guns: :bash: