Pillar Gauge Pod

97loudcut

I've been wanting to do a gauge pod FOREVER. So I think I am going to get the abll rolling. Got a few questions though.

First off,

I am looking on ebay at the universal ones since you cant buy them for my car and I was wondering if I should go with the sual or the three. I like the idea of dual because it is cheaper and I don't really need this mod. I like the triple though because I think three gauges look sweet.

Secondly,

I have a carbon fiber bezel on my white face gauges and I was wondering if I should buy a carbon fiber gauge pod to go with it or just stick with the black ones.

Thanks

I'm in the process of making a triple gauge pod for my TGP. I bought a cheap universal triple pod on ebay for $10 + shipping. I trimmed it to fit my spare A pillar cover and then riveted the pod to pillar. I then scuffed the surface of the pillar and pod with sandpaper. I mixed some fiberglass filler and fiberglassed the pod and pillar together. After much sanding I have the basic product there. I'm just using spot putty to fill in the minor imperfections in the fiberglass.

Thats as far as I am so far... I can post pics tomorrow for those who are interested...

I plan on texturing and painting the finished product to match the factory textures and color.

I'm in the process of making a triple gauge pod for my TGP. I bought a cheap universal triple pod on ebay for $10 + shipping. I trimmed it to fit my spare A pillar cover and then riveted the pod to pillar. I then scuffed the surface of the pillar and pod with sandpaper. I mixed some fiberglass filler and fiberglassed the pod and pillar together. After much sanding I have the basic product there. I'm just using spot putty to fill in the minor imperfections in the fiberglass.

Thats as far as I am so far... I can post pics tomorrow for those who are interested...

I plan on texturing and painting the finished product to match the factory textures and color.

thats all great info but barely applies to my thread.

i have a triple gauge pod for a monte carlo that i was trying to make fit the cutlass...i bet with some work (or a few screws) you could get it to fit...it covers the whole pillar...hell, it'd prolly fit as good as my pod in the gtp, cause this thing doesnt fit very good @ all...you'd have to paint it to match your interior though, cause its tan

If you swap, IMO, it should be to 3400. Quickest, easiest, and by far the cheapest swap for that car. And... you will start off with 40 HP over stock.

I'd go with a Voltage gauage and a Trans Temp guage. You really don't need much anything else.

If you swap, IMO, it should be to 3400. Quickest, easiest, and by far the cheapest swap for that car. And... you will start off with 40 HP over stock.

I'd go with a Voltage gauage and a Trans Temp guage. You really don't need much anything else.

you really don't need trans temp unless you're hauling a trailer...its not gonna get that hott...lol...id personally rather have oil PSI...the pod i have is a 3 gauge pod though, pending i can find it and i didnt fuck it up

A little Off Topic, but I've heard Autometer Mechanical Gauges (Boost Gauges Especially) don't work very well, I find it kinda hard to believe since they're the only major brand I've seen, but has anyone heard this?

Also, I'd personally stick with a dual, but I think triples look like overkill, IMHO,

no offense to anyone with a triple gauge pod :cool:

those gay dodge daytona hatch things

:bawling1: That was probably TurboSedan, since he has the Lebaron GTS, and I think he swapped the pods between the GTS and the Cutlass.

yeah i think you're right....where's your lebaron freddy??