changed muh shifter knob!

Cam'ron

take that change outta ur cup holder...cars in Saskatoon have been known to be broken into for 10 cents, and I'm 100% serious on it

:lol: i got more in my cupholder than i do in my bank account!!! gotta leave it there for safe keeping, remind me to throw the change into the glovebox or my pocket for the meet in the spring

plastic shift knobs suck

werd, that was a downgrade if u ask me.......but u didn't!

Leather FTW.

My dad's 38k Envoy didn't even have a leather one...and it has leather seats!

i always wanted a leather boot for my shifter in the cutlass..

anyone have any ideas?

you saw mine. i just grabbed one from a post gen. slid it up over the bottom part of the shifter, and secured it under the panel (mostly) couldnt be any easier

someone show me a pic of this cobrahead one... might be interested. if i can find one for a decnet price

Isn't it the same as that one? Just leather wrapped?

Be like the ones in a 2nd Gen GP? Yes. They 'tis leather wrapped.

Here's the GTP's old knob in my Grand Am:

Shifter002Medium.jpg

Only problem is the leather boot doesn't fit over the bottom of the cobrahead. It's not too noticeable, though. Who cares about that, when the simple addition of a former LQ1-shifter just netted me an extra 50 hp?

i fixed that problem with the plastic one with a knife, i just cut a groove at the bottom of the knob and was able to pull the boot up over the edge so that it sits in the groove... guess i would be SOL with a leather one

fwiw, i have rubber floor mats out of an 88 K5 blazer in my gp and they cover most of the floor.

not the best pic, but:

DSCF0535.jpg

and i dont know what it looked like b4 so i have no comment, but the interior looks much better!