Place your bets update... dynoed... page 2.... 400 to the wheels!!!!

kuntzie

damn 302 and 409, how would you feel about a 3100 large runner head and intake swap? There's a LOT more left on the table if you are still using the 3.1 MPFI style parts AND you haven't fine-tuned! What cam and turbo are you using BTW? 1.6 rockers?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kuntzie

• 97loudcut

• Robby1870

• 5speedz34

Nice #'s, I was assuming you were going to run around 10-12psi, not 18. As I asked in the duplicate thread @ the TGP board, how are you able to run 18psi on it and what are you doing about fueling? Did you make any runs to a higher rpm than posted? I really think your hp should be peaking quite a bit higher than that...

EDIT: Calvin, here's a copy of his sig/mods from the TGP board.

"13.6006 @ 108.71 MPH 1989 Black TGP - 131 000 miles /5-speed 284/ 1.6 3100 rockers/ DSM BOV/ K&N Filter/ Jeff M. X-over/ Gutted Cat/ Autometer Boost gauge/ KYB GR-2 Struts/ GMPP tubular trailing arms/ Black Leather/ Short Shifter/ GTS Night Shade Headlight Covers/ Lowered ~ 3"/ Sony in Dash LCD TV/ 10" Visionik Sub in ultra small sub box "

and he's running a GT2871R turbocharger and still has the stock camshaft in the car(as far as I know).

Oh yeah, you still running those 29# injectors Jeff or something larger now?

damn 302 and 409, how would you feel about a 3100 large runner head and intake swap? There's a LOT more left on the table if you are still using the 3.1 MPFI style parts AND you haven't fine-tuned! What cam and turbo are you using BTW? 1.6 rockers?

He refuses to drop the 3.1 turbo intake. I don't blame him, takes a lot out of the character of the motor. Just get them ported. and yes, he still has the stock cam.

409... no wonder. Hope you ordered those custom axles man :lol:

See my post in the dyno chart thread, but I'll repeat what others asked..............what's with the nosedive in power past 4200rpm??? Not to mention it appears you hit a rev limit at 4400...........

Thre is DEFINITELY more on the table :biggrin:

Very nice man...

What happened to the headlight in that video. Looks like it has a hole in it..

(whats going on with this STB I have with your name on it?)

He refuses to drop the 3.1 turbo intake. I don't blame him, takes a lot out of the character of the motor. Just get them ported. and yes, he still has the stock cam.

409... no wonder. Hope you ordered those custom axles man :lol:

:)

thats right i do REFUSE to drop the 3.1 turbo intake.

on a side note.........

what gear should i habe doe the dyno in?

Guest TurboSedan

3rd or 4th should work fine.

did you add any extra fuel past 14.7psi or were the injectors sufficient? any WB02 monitoring?

after seeing your #s i don't see any reason to go with 3x00 topend! i just need a better turbo!

3rd or 4th should work fine.

did you add any extra fuel past 14.7psi or were the injectors sufficient? any WB02 monitoring?

after seeing your #s i don't see any reason to go with 3x00 topend! i just need a better turbo!

i need bigger injectors, thats why the dyno runs only went to ~4000 rpms

no i plan on getting a wide band tough dont know what one to get though??

also i ordered 3 coil packs today (MSD) hopefully those will help too...

also thats still on the stock intercooler

ya o kiddig on the top end swap.... like i said i wan to keep it looking factory as uch as possible

Add me to the "needs a better turbo" list as well.

EDIT: Jeff, you might want to look into whatever wideband o2 "mars" on the TGP forum is running. There should be a post or two in the tuning section over there about it.

You actually did fine doing a 4th gear pull............

Gutless Supreme is thinking you are still auto-equiped............ :wink:

3rd IS the best gear for a pull in an auto trannied car (a higher hp one anyway), but 4th is the gear of choice for a 5 speed swapped TGP like yours (3rd gear for the NA guys who still have a governor to contend with).