Your Lateral links should not look like this!!!

94CutlassSLCoupe

100_0440.jpg

finally got around to replacing the two rear lateral links on my car...the other one broke in july and i welded it back together...this one was badly bent.

The car drives real different now...i definately think i need to get the alignment cams for the car though...anyone know the part number for them? The back end seems a little bit squirly

jeez, i should check mine.....

if you baby the car and they break, you should drive like a maniac like me and they should hold up just fine.

i usually corner pretty hard but its not like i put it through an autox course every day. I think the previous owner (old guy) curbed it pretty hard and they got weakend...the only things i've done is autocross, and one time i pulled into the parking lot at kettering to fast and got the car a few inches off the ground...i didnt think it would damage anything though

the car should be designed to take the loads i am putting on it.

looks like all those cams are for at the strut. I'm looking for at the center of the car like the 88/89 cars have

Flint roads were your problem, not the autocrossing.

I think it's more like Michgan roads are the problem.

What are alignment cams?

BTW-There is nothing in the link.

i I think the previous owner (old guy) curbed it pretty hard and they got weakend...

That's most likely the reason they bent. I've seen several curbed W's with bent up lateral arms.

the alignment cams are on the rear arms at the center mounting point.

I only had to change the rear arms. the driver's side front arm is ever so slightly bent and the other one is straight. I decided not to fuck wih it thinking if i keep the car it will probably need a gas tank before they become a problem. These ones were probably bent when i got the car and it took 2 years of owning the car for them to be a problem.

oh well i'm gonna probably have to get it aligned again...would like to get the cam bolts so they can get it right on.

just use there catolog. The part number will be different between a 1990 and a 1994 due to the retention style of the mount for the auxillary springs on the rear one. I bought the H/D ones for my car despite the fact that it has FE1 suspension. I don't understand why there would be a different part number...but they fit just fine and are the same length.

I just checked my lateral links last night. One on both sides looks like that... Do you have a part # for those so I can check them out on GMPD?

Brian, look in the catalog I posted in the FAQ section, they're listed there.

Mine looks like that, again...the first time i noticed was after i curbed the rear pass. wheel and they bent like that so took to get them fixed and took the cheap route and had them pressed... worked for about 6 months and now they are bent like that again... and the inner part of the rear pass wheel shreds ups so fast that i have to get a new/used tire every 5 months...guess i better get that fixed eventually....

What is the item # for these on GMPD? i looked at the cat. but i got lost...if someone can provide....thanks