Electric Turbo

NORBI

I just saw on e-bay electric turbos for sale http://pages.prodigy.net/gearhead43/DavesGP/page13.html and i was wondering what do you people think about those, i typed Electric Turbo no Yahoo and i got a lot of results and message boards about people talking about them and some people say that those things do amazing things to cars. What do you think would it do good for a 2.8 or 3.1?

Guest Anonymous

They are not worth the money. For as much drain they cause on the elec. system they don't push much air. I see it as a waste of money and an obstruction in the airway.

not worth it. If you want boost, a turbo's still the best way to go, though after spending time with turbonetics on the phone, they don't seem to have one that will do what I want!

Tim

Thanks a lot guys. I am still tempted with it but i dont think i will buy it anymore so i will do a little experiment at home with it with stuff i have and will let you know if i notticed a difference.

Beyond what I wrote on that page...you WILL get engine damage. Its just a matter of time with that POS. Aside from it not pushing enough air...its also made of plastic (for what you are talking about). Im assuming its the 17 dollar bilge pump used in marine applications. It will eventually wear out and the plastic fins will fly off. In marine use that is fine...in your engine that means pieces of fan in your intake. No thanks. Its not worth messing with. People on message boards that tell you its cool are complete morons with shit for brains and the IQ of a turtle. You can tell them I said that too.

Yea you are right about it but i also saw those electric turbos that are in a aluminum instead of plastic but when everybody sayes thats is not worth and doesnt do anything then it must be really true, and if that was so great then everybody would have them installed and i never met anyone that has one.

Thanks a lot for help info.

A custom Cold air intake will benifit you way more then one of thoes Pieces of junk. Heck i would probibly say the "Tornado air system" is better then one of thoes electric turbo's.

RedZ

The plastic blower motor "electric turbo" or "electric supercharger" simply does NOT work. It can't create enough air flow to be anything more than an obstacle to the air flow.

There are real "electric superchargers" that work, manufactured by Turbodyne and called the TurboPac. These things are very, VERY low pressure, supplying only about 1.5psi for the 1500 model, and 3.5psi for the 2500 model. They also only work for short bursts, as they consume quite a bit of power. At one time I had found a psi vs. amps chart, but unfortunately can't find it anymore.