Wax questions

fastbird232

you can put coat upon coat but mutiple coats really doesnt matter unless you are using diffrent waxes (i.e. 3 step process)

do not wax the plastic molding around you windows but if you are talking about your plastic body moldings then yes

you can put coat upon coat but mutiple coats really doesnt matter unless you are using diffrent waxes (i.e. 3 step process)

do not wax the plastic molding around you windows but if you are talking about your plastic body moldings then yes

So the second coat I just got in from applying was pretty much a waste of time?

Now that I've got two coats of paste wax on there, is there anything else I can do to increase the shine?

1) How many coats of wax is the limit? This is hand-applied Simoniz 5000 Series wax.

2 or 3 is the most you'd need, wait a day or so between coats for it to cure. It's best to use a polymer based synthetic wax (such as Meg's NXT, Zaino, etc) and follow up with a carubana(sp?) wax afterwards (Such as Meg's gold class, Mother's, etc), in that order. That way you get rock-hard protection, and a deep glossy shine.

2) Do I wax my plastic molding?

You mean the cladding? Yes. Also do your mirrors, it will make a great difference! Just stay away from anything rubber, and coarse unpainted plastic such as licence plate bracket. And don't wax near badges, it will stick around and is a PITA to remove.

No it wasnt a waste of time but your time would have been better spent putting a sealer and glaze on first and then maybe something with a carnuba wax in it.

Since you have done that I would suggest either a carnuba liquid wax or a spray wax/detailer like McGuires Spray Detailer. It will enhance the shine and clean up any areas of wax you left on

So the second coat I just got in from applying was pretty much a waste of time?

Now that I've got two coats of paste wax on there, is there anything else I can do to increase the shine?

Get a real (rotary) buffer and start from the beginning with a rubbing compound, then polish, then wax.

Go here: http://autopia.org it's a forum for detailing..