sub box teaser pics - finished

stockgp

well, i'm actually having problems with the subs. they may be going back. at low volume levels they sound fantastic. after a certain level, though, they start slapping horribly

that could be the amp is tunred up to much?

none of that shit matters. equipment comes and goes, but that enclosure will be around and still sound good with other subs.

did you resinate the whole thing inside and out? I will probably do an almost identical enclosure, only with 1/4 inch medite and glass the whole thing with one layer inside and out. much lighter that way and easier to cut with less sawdust from my rotary saw.

the bottom one isn't crooked. the dust cap was loose when i got it. the first time i powered them the dust cap prett much came off. i sent it to ed and they glued it back on crooked.

the slapping thing i haven't figured out yet. i've tuned this thing three different times at two different ohm loads and i'm getting the same noise.

the box has about 4-5 layers of glass on the curved areas. then there is one layer over every joint and every other crevice.

the bottom one isn't crooked. the dust cap was loose when i got it. the first time i powered them the dust cap prett much came off. i sent it to ed and they glued it back on crooked.

the slapping thing i haven't figured out yet. i've tuned this thing three different times at two different ohm loads and i'm getting the same noise.

the box has about 4-5 layers of glass on the curved areas. then there is one layer over every joint and every other crevice.

When glassing, curved areas are stronger than straight flat area's. You will want more glass on the straight areas than in the curves if you are worried about strength.

i know this. that's just the way i do it. whether it's a curved or flat surface, i beef up the glass until it's pretty much bulletproof :lol:

i guess i say it has 4-5 layers of glass on the curved areas because the only flat areas are mdf.

If you do not seperate the air space for each sub they can make eachother sound like ass. especially if they are out of phase. You need to have each sub in it's own air space.

That could be your main problem... when i was looking at your pictures it did not seem like you had seperated them in the chamber... ?

I could be wrong, but from what i remember that's how it works.

Great box though! that design is pimp

in a sealed enclosure with both subs running the same frequencies and what not, there is no reason to seperate the subs. and they are most def. in phase

thanks for the compliments

Do these have the tinsel leads integrated into the spider?

If so, at maximum negative exursion does the cone hit the little metal tang the tinsel lead is soldered onto?

Ive had my one and only run in with eD and all I can say is never again. A company with 100% qualty assurance checks should have Zero defects, not an alarming percentage as they have demonstrated over years.

SO do you think they really did check it or just sign off on the piece of paper? You be the judge...

As for fixing you problem. Short of tinsel lead slap or that tang/tab I would guess maybe a misaligned coil. Maybe a defective spider allowing the cone to become non linear...

At any rate its not how the sub should operate under normal circumstances. I HIGHLY advise getting the sub replaced. You have the warranty, use it ;)