sub box teaser pics - finished

stockgp

so, i've almost got my box done for my two edesign 8s. the volume is going to be just shy of .7 ft3 , which is the ideal box size for two of these subs.

all i have left to do is mount the rings and fiberglass. hope to have it done by the weekend.

box.jpg

Looks nice!

I remember when I had my rear buckets in my 94 GP I used to have. I didn't have the center passthrough, because it was too big to get. So, I friend of mine already had the exact match carpet, and I put that behind the seats. I then mounted my amp dead center in the passthrough.

I like your idea much better though!

i thought about putting my amp there, but it's too wide. i still haven't decided what i'm going to do with it.

originally, i wanted to make a downward firing false floor box for the subs. them i was going to build an amp rack right on the hump in the middle of the floor with a piece of plexi over it. but, after taking measurements and calculating the height of the box, it would have come clear up to the bottom of the door sill and it would have looked weird.

so instead of having a really weird looking floor, i did this. nowi have to decide where to put my amp so you can't see it.

• 2 weeks later...

do you care if anyone else steals that design? I might want to do that if I get some JL component 3-way set up. comes with 2 6.5" mids 2 4" mids and tweets.

i dont' care. chances are noone but members of this board will ever see both our cars, so who would ever know if i have the same box as someone else.

and i should have my box covered in the next few days. 1 yard of fabric that matches my seats cost me 50 bucks...

thanks. that pic actually makes the box look pretty shitty ocmpared to what it looks like in person :confused:. anyhow, if i have a short day at work tomorrow, i chould have it covered. then all i'm waiting for is elemental designs to ship me back my other sub.

hopefully have everything in by this weekend :willynilly:

That's deadly. I can't wait for the pics. I am gonna start making a sub box for under the back seat of my Dakota to fit 1 10, I'll see how it goes and get pics up if it all works out :D

well, i'm actually having problems with the subs. they may be going back. at low volume levels they sound fantastic. after a certain level, though, they start slapping horribly