Clear Corners

BCM

Well, I just finished my Driver side headlight, basically, I just took out the plastic orange piece, and I'm going to get an orange bulb to put in there. It would look SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better if my plastic headlight lenses werent gone to shit :mad:

Here's some pics:

Here's my shitty headlight lense, I couldn't get it clean :cry:

Picture002.jpg

All taken apart (well, almost)

Picture001-1.jpg

All done

Picture004-1.jpg

Back on the car

Picture005.jpg

Picture007-2.jpg

Now to go do the other headlight, so what do you guys think of my "custom" clear corners? :lol:

I'll be sure to get some better pics tomorrow

wow and i thought the montes had a long headlight assembly. looks good, but tell me is your hood open in those pics or is there that much lip to it on the side

Yeah the hood was open, the headlight assemblies are huge, I could almost fit my arm from my elbow to my hand in the clear plastic lol.

Anyway I got finished with the passenger side Headlight

Picture010-2.jpg

Picture009-2.jpg

Picture016-2.jpg

Picture019-1.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Now I just need to get some rims, maybe paint my calipers red, and possibly some springs to get the car a little lower and I'll be done with the exterior.

looks not to shabby, after taking the orange out what did you do to take care of the inside of the lens i can only assume that it was rough, must be nice to have a set that you were able to remove the orange, the monte ones are fused and you cannot remove the orange w/o fuggin something up

I just cleaned it up with some windex and put it all back together. The orange piece was held in by two little tabs that you push down and it comes right out.

I was also thinkin about blacking out the edges of the headlights, but I'll wait for that fun day

Alright I got some better pics

Picture028.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture026.jpg

^look how bad the tint is on my back window :lol:

Picture024.jpg

Picture027.jpg

edit: seriously this thing with photobucket makin some pics smaller than others is really frustrating :cussing:

and theyre all under 1mb too

^FIXED

edit: seriously this thing with photobucket makin some pics smaller than others is really frustrating

you can change your settings for photo size in your photobucket account options screen

edit: seriously this thing with photobucket makin some pics smaller than others is really frustrating

you can change your settings for photo size in your photobucket account options screen

hmm...I never knew that, thanks

Did you try wetsanding the lenses?

I've never really wetsanded headlights QUITE that bad before, but I did do a pair that were fogged big time on my sisters '95 Neon. Waste of time/energy, but being able to see at night is a big plus.

you need to by the SYLVANIA turn signal bubls that are blue when they are off but light up orange

I have them in the Cutlass and it makes a world of diffrence

you need to by the SYLVANIA turn signal bubls that are blue when they are off but light up orange

I have them in the Cutlass and it makes a world of diffrence

Yeah, they look pretty cool, IMO.

Work looks clean though! Good job.

Man those things would've looked so great blacked out. You should've done that! And used some Megiars Plast-X

I would do it but I'm not sure where I should paint, and where I shouldn't, how many coats, etc.

• 4 weeks later...